Voter Registration For New Argentine Citizens

Yea, it went live around 1130pm last night (30 minutes early). Looks like we might need to force the issue and enroll ourselves per what Bajo said. Not going to do us any good this time. :(

I started with a phone call to the Defensoria del Pueblo de la Ciudad on April 8 about my voter registration as a new citizen, and they directed me to Tribunal Superior de Justicia de la Ciudad where I had no success in registering on April 10. I learned that registration was closed until July 27, 2015, during the city elections.

Today I went to the Tribunal Superior at Cerrito 760 hoping to complete my voter registration. The security guard at the front desk informed me that the office was on vacation after the elections. I tried to get information about how I could get on the voter roll since I've been a citizen since July 4, 2013. My conversation was heard by a man in a nearby office who came out to assist. He directed me to the federal court building at Tucuman 1320 lower level.

I entered federal court building and was directed to the hallway on the left where there was a line of people dealing with their voter-related issues. I presented my DNI and told the woman that I'm not on the voter roll. She checked to confirm that fact which I've done many times. She took a photo copy of my DNI, noted my telephone number, and said, "you are not eligible to vote this year." I asked who is responsible for providing information for new citizens to the federal election office, and she answered Registro Nacional de las Personas (RENAPER).

After my experience, I recommend that foreigners who become Argentine citizens handle their own voting registration at the federal election office themselves, and not rely on RENAPER to do so. I am disappointed that I wasn't able to vote in the city election and will not be voting in October for a new president.

Blokes should stop wasting their time on this wild goose chase.

Enjoy your new documents and be chilled out.

Why would they let expat residents vote since a majority are Neo-liberals?

Why would they let expat residents vote since a majority are Neo-liberals?

My recent post and the topic of this thread is for new citizens, not permanent residents (although they are eligible to register to vote after three years in the city).

Since when did a voter need to declare party affiliation when registering?

Did you know that Argentines over the age of 70 are excused from voting? In my opinion, they are the ones who should be voting because they are more informed voters than any at age 16.

Did you know that Argentines over the age of 70 are excused from voting? In my opinion, they are the ones who should be voting because they are more informed voters than any at age 16.

If you're 16, you know the true value of a choripán.

Election schedule for 2017
http://www.thebubble.com/dates-set-for-octobers-congressional-elections/

Here are the all-important dates for the diary.
April 25: Closing date for the temporary voting register for the PASO (the primary, open, simultaneous, obligatory vote). This will then be published on May 5.
July 14: The final electoral roll will be published, and the electoral campaign officially starts for the PASO.
July 29: The ban on any public events that could promote canvassing, in order to sway voters, will be implemented.
August 11: The Electoral veda – a ban on public acts of proselytism (i.e political events), as well as publishing and broadcasting surveys or pre-electoral polls – will be implemented.
August 13: PASO elections take place.
September 17: The electoral campaign for the general elections officially starts.
October 22: Date of the general elections. Luckily, people will only have to go to the polls two times. Compared to the 6 different dates the City of Buenos Aires had in 2015, this year doesn’t actually look bad voting-wise.

Legislative elections
http://padronelectoral.org/elecciones-nacionales-2017

Check the voting register
http://padronelectoral.org/consulta-padron

Back