Walk-In Clinic?

Yes I went there. The Hospital de Clinicas has the best doctors in town. As I said they are the exact same doctors that then go to a (very important) private clinic. Not every doctor can work in the Clinicas. Working there gives you a lot of prestige, and if you were seen by a young guy, he must been a very good student, good for him!
Seriously, the Clinicas may not look as nice but it has nothing to envy the private clinics.

Matias again I appreciate your nationalistic spirit but the Professors are not in the emergency ward. in Clinicas..I do not recommend this place unless you are dead broke unsanitary a health risk.... a shame for Public -Health can not compare with Clinica Del Sol at Coronel Diaz...!

Mind you I used the Public Hospitals in Mercedes, Suipacha and Chivilcoy, that are decent and adequate.....

Matias again I appreciate your nationalistic spirit but the Professors are not in the emergency ward. in Clinicas..I do not recommend this place unless you are dead broke unsanitary a health risk.... a shame for Public -Health can not compare with Clinica Del Sol at Coronel Diaz...!

Mind you I used the Public Hospitals in Mercedes, Suipacha and Chivilcoy, that are decent and adequate.....

Its not nationalistic, its realistic. Really, I ve grown all my life with private doctors, private clinics and stuff, till some of the doctors I started seeing in my 20s told me I could find them in the Clinicas, one of them an eminence.
I didnt know either that that old building was that good. The best doctors want to have a line in their resume that says Hospital de Clinicas, really, ask to your locals friends, or to a doctor if you go some time. Perhaps your experience was bad, but thats not the norm.

Have you been there in an emergency? or for a standard consultation? The building sucks, doctors don't.

Have you been there in an emergency? or for a standard consultation? The building sucks, doctors don't.

The building really sucks , elevators don¡t work the building is dilapidated old abandoned.... !! shameful....!! a disgrace.

I went one night to the Emergency near 10 pm had to wait a couple hours as a particular , was asked to get a bonus at the Caja a small amount perhaps $20. It was awful . Was checked by young Paraguayan doctor, in a hallway over a dirty Camilla...! The Dr examined the infected wound in my leg, pulled out a BiC pen from his pocket, and with this non esterilizad object drew an ink circle around the wound.. No gloves, no washed hands, no esterile solution....!! primitive...!!

Said come back in a week to see if the swelling expands out of the circle, perhaps I shouldn't showerª ! keep taking antibiotics..!!

Thank you everyone for your responses, much appreciated! I felt kind of weird about going to a public hospital/clinic since I am not from here... In the end I called a few clinics, including some of those you mentioned here, and went to the one where I could get an appt the soonest. That ended up being Centro Médico Cerviño and it was great! No wait, nice doctor, and 200 peso for the consulta, which was fine. I really do need to get an obra social, though, gotta get on the ball about that.

Thanks again y'al!

I took Rich One's suggestion and went today for an appointment at the Centro Medico Dignus, at Araoz 2279. It is one block from Scalabrini Ortiz y Charcas. I was really impressed. Whereas I pay 300 pesos every time I see a doctor at the German Hospital, at the Centro Medico Dignus it only cost 90 pesos. I saw a young female physician who speaks English very well(Dr. Linares). Very professional and personable. Had to wait about 40 minutes past my 5:20PM appointment time but I usually wait longer than that at the German Hospital. Thank you, Rich One, for the excellent recommendation!

I took Rich One's suggestion and went today for an appointment at the Centro Medico Dignus, at Araoz 2279. It is one block from Scalabrini Ortiz y Charcas. I was really impressed. Whereas I pay 300 pesos every time I see a doctor at the German Hospital, at the Centro Medico Dignus it only cost 90 pesos. I saw a young female physician who speaks English very well(Dr. Linares). Very professional and personable. Had to wait about 40 minutes past my 5:20PM appointment time but I usually wait longer than that at the German Hospital. Thank you, Rich One, for the excellent recommendation!

This will be my first thank you note on this board!! Pablo Glad it worked out for you :cool:

I had to follow up on an operation I had in Australia and arranged to visit Centro Médico Cerviño after reading the positive reviews above by Noruega. Will add my positive reviews to the list for this surgery, both the reception during email contact and doctor were extremely helpful (in English) and pointed me in the right direction for my requirements.

Thank you everyone for your responses, much appreciated! I felt kind of weird about going to a public hospital/clinic since I am not from here... In the end I called a few clinics, including some of those you mentioned here, and went to the one where I could get an appt the soonest. That ended up being Centro Médico Cerviño and it was great! No wait, nice doctor, and 200 peso for the consulta, which was fine. I really do need to get an obra social, though, gotta get on the ball about that.

Thanks again y'al!

Before I had my Medicus insurance (which is about 550 pesos a month through the expat group and seems to cover everything including dental) I used to go to the Mater Dei in Palermo, which I found incredibly good. I am certainly more impressed by the attention to detail of the doctors here than I was in England.

Back