Wanted......Partners in crime!

Blimey, there's no "pleasing" some people. At this point I can only laugh and go with it.

Bajo_cero2 said:
For Argentines an invitation for a coffe means you are looking for casual sex :cool:

Ha ha ha. Oh is that what the previous post meant! Well I suppose it means the same thing to the English if the situation was different like..........Like at the end of date.
Poor man I dont think he meant that at all.

Iznogud said:
Apologies! Certainly not what I had in mind.
Must lack some of those cultural traits. Spent part of my youth abroad and never caught up.

No problem. I didn't take it that way. :)

Ciao,

Thing is, tomorrow I have to go close by. Around noon I'll be at walking distance of your location.
I lived most of my adult live at Recoleta and now I avoid it as much as possible, therefore my trips are as brief as possible but also dreaded. Takes me too long to get there to do a few chores that don't take me long and hardly justify the trip.
If you'd like to meet me, I'd be delighted.

Iznogud said:
Ciao,

Thing is, tomorrow I have to go close by. Around noon I'll be at walking distance of your location.
I lived most of my adult live at Recoleta and now I avoid it as much as possible, therefore my trips are as brief as possible but also dreaded. Takes me too long to get there to do a few chores that don't take me long and hardly justify the trip.
If you'd like to meet me, I'd be delighted.

No problem, I feel the same way about London. When you are coming past again just give me some notice. Thanks for getting in touch.

so if you want to take a coffee with an argentine, you invite them for casual sex?
(no, es una broma..)

Not only in Argentina an invitation for coffee means sex... I remember this episode of Seinfeld:

George:She invites me up at twelve o clock at night, for coffee. And I don't go up. "No thank you, I don't want coffee, it keeps me up. Too late for me to drink coffee." I said this to her. People this stupid shouldn't be allowed to live. I can't imagine what she must think of me.
Jerry: She thinks you're a guy that doesn't like coffee.
George: She invited me up. Coffee's not coffee, coffee is sex.
Elaine: Maybe coffee was coffee.
George: Coffee's coffee in the morning, it's not coffee at twelve o clock at night.

expatinowncountry said:
Not only in Argentina an invitation for coffee means sex... I remember this episode of Seinfeld:

George:She invites me up at twelve o clock at night, for coffee. And I don't go up. "No thank you, I don't want coffee, it keeps me up. Too late for me to drink coffee." I said this to her. People this stupid shouldn't be allowed to live. I can't imagine what she must think of me.
Jerry: She thinks you're a guy that doesn't like coffee.
George: She invited me up. Coffee's not coffee, coffee is sex.
Elaine: Maybe coffee was coffee.
George: Coffee's coffee in the morning, it's not coffee at twelve o clock at night.

Yes this is my point! Its the same as the UK. Its when and where you ask the question! Anyway I have one candidate so far for coffee and he is at 5 o'clock. Wayyyy tooooo early for sex! :)

Back