Wanting To Ex-Pat

Mosquito Coast is pretty good too. Kinda has that WTSHTF survivalist thing going on, too.

If you are serious, you need to actually spend a couple months, and travel thru south america, and visit the countries you are thinking of.
The reality is often different than the long distance fantasy.
You might be an Argentina Guy, or you might be a Panama Guy, or you might decide you are actually a Montana Guy.

But you need to make an exploratory visit before moving.
Its different down here.

I am an American and i simply cannot stand living in America anymore and I want to expand my horizons and learn a new culture and way of life.

From the thread about receiving international packages:

I get so pissed by the poor quality of everything from construction materials to clothing. Having spent most of my life in the US I didn't know how good I had it.

...not to mention the extremely limited selection (and generally awful produce) in even the biggest supermarkets in Argentina compared to Jewel or Safeway in the US (just to name two).

...not to mention the extremely limited selection (and generally awful produce) in even the biggest supermarkets in Argentina compared to Jewel or Safeway in the US (just to name two).

I hope he is not into Snapchat and other data intensive apps. I never knew I loved T-Mobile until I had to rely on Personal.

Europeanized may still be far better than Americanized.

Voluntourism seems to be popular among some people in Europe nowadays, I do not know about America. It is a phenomenon where people do not go on a regular holiday, instead they go on a holiday to a poor region to be a "good volunteer". They take a lot of selfies and keep a blog to show people at home how good they are "helping" these poor people. The voluntourism holidays are fully arranged by travel agents and they are not bothering about actually helping the poor people that are visited. They are bothering about giving the travelers a good feeling about themselves. It is all very cynic, not the least for the poor people that are being visited. Rich people visit the poor, acting as if they are saviours, while in fact they do nothing useful and only show of their wealth and when the holiday is over, they disappear again.

Whatever you mean with "Americanized", I think this current trend of voluntourism is even worse.

Back