Warning About Tango Teacher "tango Piola"

Sorry to hear of your experience. Really, it is up to you to set limits on people. I learned that from being in Argentina for 10 years. The women here are 100 times worse than the men.
jaja, GS_dirtboy is harassed by Argentine chicas all the time. I wish I were you.
I agree, you have to set the limit/boundary, apparently the limit/boundary in Argentina is different from what is in US. Even in us, dance teachers always flirt with women.

Oh my, I am new to Tango and about to visit BA tomorrow. I have a wonderful teacher here showing me some basic dance steps and I do want to try it out, but makes me nervous to think this will be some kind of indulgence for the male, if I even get invited to dance. i'll be staying in Recoleta, Is there a place nearby that is less conducive to such behavior, where we can just go for the fun of dancing Tango? My instructor from Chicago mentioned, if I am invited, it is standard to dance three songs in a row and maybe chat a little in between tunes. Does this match up to what you have experienced there? And thank you very much for your posting. It takes time and courage to denounce the wrong doers.

Oh my, I am new to Tango and about to visit BA tomorrow. I have a wonderful teacher here showing me some basic dance steps and I do want to try it out, but makes me nervous to think this will be some kind of indulgence for the male, if I even get invited to dance. i'll be staying in Recoleta, Is there a place nearby that is less conducive to such behavior, where we can just go for the fun of dancing Tango? My instructor from Chicago mentioned, if I am invited, it is standard to dance three songs in a row and maybe chat a little in between tunes. Does this match up to what you have experienced there? And thank you very much for your posting. It takes time and courage to denounce the wrong doers.
No worries, that guy is not in Recoleta. And there are much worse things than Argentine men.

Do not takes privates clases, women don´t need them.
Go to El Beso Wed, Fri, Sun after 8 for group clases.
You can also go to Sunderland club Mo and Wed at 8.

Roberto Canelo studio in Once provides honest excellent group class instruction at all levels and reasonable prices.
Many people also like classes at DNI
NOTHING will happen to you at a milonga other than getting bumped into by another couple.

Roberto Canelo studio in Once provides honest excellent group class instruction at all levels and reasonable prices.
Many people also like classes at DNI
NOTHING will happen to you at a milonga other than getting bumped into by another couple.

just don't take an invitation for a coffee after milonga! :)

Why did you actually went back if it made you uncomfortable the first time?!

Because I told him no, and I thought that he would stop. I needed to take classes in english for the time being, and all of the other teachers that I could find were at minimum $60 a session. It's difficult to take group classes in english in BA. So, I figured that my saying "no" would be enough. It wasn't, obviously.

First, i think the price sounds right. If you are a man, the price is much higher because he needs to hire another female teacher/dancer to dance with you. His price is not credibly cheap. Secondly, what he did is pretty common on Tango floor in Argentina. Many dancers " fall in love" with their partners during one song, the dance is very intimate. I am not saying what he did is right. But I think there is a culture difference here. As a foreign student, it would be helpful to signal him earlier that you do not like that kind of style. But of course, he is the one to be blamed, I am with you.

By the way, he is not the best dancer, it's so much easier to find better dancers and better teachers in BA. Lacoqueta can introduce one to you.I took lessons from him before. Sorry to hear about this, and it's good that you brought this up before more serious bad things happen.

Perhaps it is common on the dance floor, but he is a teacher. I was there to learn, not to be groped. Also, I posted about it in other hubs and found five other women that made uncomfortable...foreign and nonforeign alike. He is using his platform as a teacher to put his hands on women.

Back