Washing Clothes

Can you please iron (and hang) the shirts =
Me puedes planchar (y colgar) las camisas? (todo if you want it all)

Valet service is extra, if you don't mind walking your own laundry over then just do it yourself. We do that, the place is only a block away. There's usually one lavadero in every 2 block radius.

syngirl said:
Can you please iron (and hang) the shirts =
Me puedes planchar (y colgar) las camisas? (todo if you want it all)

Since this is Argentina, you'll get better luck with:

"Me podés planchar y colgar las camisas?"

or of course more politely

"Me puede planchar y colgar las camisas?"

syngirl said:
Valet service is extra, if you don't mind walking your own laundry over then just do it yourself. We do that, the place is only a block away. There's usually one lavadero in every 2 block radius.

That's a problem for us too: From the corner of Libertador and Cerrito, there isn't one two blocks away. I can lug stuff 5 or 6 blocks, but the time to both drop off and pick up is probably better spent paying the 2 pesos or so to someone else (not that we've done that much). And I can't combine it with other errands very easily since it is for a family of three.

There's not much science to it, you drop it off, you pick it up, it's a delight !(seinfeld :D)
I honestly find it incredibly boring going to the machines and wash everything myself, it's noisy, it smells of soap, I can't even read in such places and I feel like I'm wasting my time, I pay 12 pesos per load and they are pretty fast, I live on arenales y azcuénaga, there are 3 laundry places, I even have a choice!
And doing it in the building is just as boring and I'm too lazy

well I live in Chacarita and all the laundries within striking distance of my house charge 12 pesos to wash/dry a small-ish load...ridiculous!

Back