Watched A Nice Argentine Movie

The only Argie movie I saw was El secreto de sus ojos and I really enjoyed it. Wakolda also looks interesting, but I haven't seen it available with subtitles yet.

I hate argentine films but I recommend watching these movies:

Pizza, birra y faso
Valentin
El mismo amor, la misma lluvia

A classic " Man facing SouthEast" 1987. Universal Pictures movie K-PAX released 2001 was a copy cat ,a case of Plagiarism

A modest box office draw when released in Argentina in April 1987, Man Facing Southeast received wider acclaim upon its video release later that year. The Secretariat of Culture submitted it for consideration by Academy of Motion Pictures for the 1987 O scar for Best Foreign Language Film, though it was not nominated. Little known outside Argentina, Man Facing Southeast received wider exposure upon the 2001 release of Universal Pictures'K-PAX, whose similarity to the Argentine title (whose author and director, Eliseo Subiela, was not credited) was unmistakable to film enthusiasts and critics, among them Robert Koehler of Variety and Bob Strauss of the Los Angeles Times, both of whom expressed surprise at K-PAX author Gene Brewer's contention that Man Facing Southeast was unfamiliar to him. Film critics at MSNBC, for their part, commented that "both films are quite similar, though Man Facing Southeast is more ingenious and enigmatic.[sup][1][/sup] In turn, the film itself was originally characterized by Mark Leeper as a combination of David Bowie's The Man Who Fell to Earth and Jack Nicholson's One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.[sup][2][/sup] Other critics have highlighted the metaphoric value of Rantés, himself, whose miraculous powers, concern for the poor, frank criticism of human hypocrisy and willingness to subject himself to what amounts to torture create a character with a clear parallel in Christianity.[sup][3][/sup]

Thanks all for the recs…I've seen all of the Darin films, but will check out Ceviche's link. Also, not sure I've seen "El Hombre…" but sounds like another one to see. I'm also looking for modern day films set in BA (most Argentine films look like they could have been filmed on a soundstage in Burbank).

I'm also looking for modern day films set in BA (most Argentine films look like they could have been filmed on a soundstage in Burbank).

I have the same issue with Argentine movies.

Thankfully, the one I recommended is a modern day movie.

Back