Watching American football playoff games

Markgeezer said:
fools.... you have to listen to an English web link to understand what the f**k is goin on.... such a sad game it is. All moves are rehersed for months on end, no spontaneity whatsoever, no wonder it never became international. Also ... your beer is piss !

Please tell us which beer you are drinking now so we won't have to worry about turning into a futbol fan. :p

American football is too expensive to become international. The shoulder pads alone cost far more than (sissy) short pants. :D

And thanks so much for calling us fools. ;)

Markgeezer said:
fools.... you have to listen to an English web link to understand what the f**k is goin on.... such a sad game it is. All moves are rehersed for months on end, no spontaneity whatsoever, no wonder it never became international. Also ... your beer is piss !

Prefer to hear a commentator that understands the game .The game played as it is when one plays it or in high school is much quicker.. it never became international (although it is a bit with nfl europe and game played outside the usa now) because of the way the original tv contracts were written that gave the broadcaster for that and future contract the right to stop the game during commercials. I rememeber when this happened and they have an assigned off field referee (think its one of the ones that hold the yardsticks) to remove his cap whenever the tv is on commercial. the nfl could never get europe or most countries to agree to this (to me its amazing that it stil exists in football and nba and nhl,) as the game this way is way too long.

The lack of sound is not a deal breaker with me. But I understand a English broadcast is a nice thing.... But if the lack of sound at sugar is bad for you..try Casa bar cheers to all. It is a wild season no packers. And saints already.... So the whole thing is up in the air..they have opened the door. For the Pats!!

I don't know why Fox doesn't have American broadcasters... ESPN manages it. If there was a way to turn off the announcers and just listen to the sounds of the game that might be even better! :D

I can't listen to Mexican announcers while watching American football and I can't stand listening to American announcers while watching Argentine or Spanish futbol. It's awful! :rolleyes:

I can't complain too much though, at least Direct TV broadcasts it down here.

argsteve said:
The lack of sound is not a deal breaker with me. But I understand a English broadcast is a nice thing.... But if the lack of sound at sugar is bad for you..try Casa bar cheers to all. It is a wild season no packers. And saints already.... So the whole thing is up in the air..they have opened the door. For the Pats!!

The Pats have yet to beat a winning team this year...Its sad that a team can get to the championship round that way. I don't see them winning it all.

Eclair said:
I don't know why Fox doesn't have American broadcasters... ESPN manages it. If there was a way to turn off the announcers and just listen to the sounds of the game that might be even better! :D

I can't listen to Mexican announcers while watching American football and I can't stand listening to American announcers while watching Argentine or Spanish futbol. It's awful! :rolleyes:

I can't complain too much though, at least Direct TV broadcasts it down here.

Fox does have broadcasters who speak English.

For some (unknown) reason the English option is not available in Argentina.

steveinbsas said:
Fox does have broadcasters who speak English.

For some (unknown) reason the English option is not available in Argentina.

argentina directtv receives its broadcast from fox mexico not fox usa that is why no english :(

Looking to watch the game with other Giants fans. Where are you all going to be at 6:30 on Sunday?

Markgeezer said:

I watched the Ravens lose to the Patriots this afternon.

It was broadcast in English on ESPN. Perhaps the commentators made it more interesting to some, but I understood exactly what was happening just by watching...as I listened to music from my itunes library.

I will now watch the 49ers and Giants on FOX en espanol.

I won't have any problem understanding what is going on...and I will continue to enjoy the music. :)

I'd much rather watch American football than a bunch of girlie men in short pants playing kickball (aka futbol) at any level. :eek:

And I enjoy the rugby world cup competetion most of all...though I don't always understand what the f**k is going on. :D

If you think American beer tastes like piss I only wonder how you know what piss actually tastes like? :p

Back