Watching US Netflix? (Google Fi VPN?)

jeff1234

ExpressVPN has favored sites for penetrating Netflix and Amazon Prime. At peak hours they are sometimes too busy, can't connect. I also have Cyberghost VPN. One or the other always connects for me. I've used them in Europe, USA, Mexico. Except for the occaisional peak hour issue, I just click on their icon and sit back.

bobg

(Since I started this thread) here's been my experience thus far. On my Pixel 2 phone all I had to do was turn on the phone's VPN and, bingo, I was able to access Netflix (but not Amazon Prime). I then cast to a ChromeCast I brought along and that experience has been pretty good. My only complaint is that the Netflix app on the phone has no idea what the TV is doing and doesn't seem to have any control over it (i.e. can't pause it, can't advance it, etc). But the cast will get the program started and then as long as I watch it to the end it works well. I installed ExpressVPN on an iPad and it has lived up to its reputation. As with any VPN you have to change the server you are using from time to time.

jeff1234

(Since I started this thread) here's been my experience thus far. On my Pixel 2 phone all I had to do was turn on the phone's VPN and, bingo, I was able to access Netflix (but not Amazon Prime). I then cast to a ChromeCast I brought along and that experience has been pretty good. My only complaint is that the Netflix app on the phone has no idea what the TV is doing and doesn't seem to have any control over it (i.e. can't pause it, can't advance it, etc). But the cast will get the program started and then as long as I watch it to the end it works well. I installed ExpressVPN on an iPad and it has lived up to its reputation. As with any VPN you have to change the server you are using from time to time.
I have a similar problem. I use chromecast from my pc. While casting there a hard to find control line on my pc, at the bottom of the screen. Sometimes it disappears. But it has the basic controls, start, pause, etc. I havent tried casting on my phone but I suggest you try playing around with the phone display, see if you can get the control line to appear.

bobg

I have a similar problem. I use chromecast from my pc. While casting there a hard to find control line on my pc, at the bottom of the screen. Sometimes it disappears. But it has the basic controls, start, pause, etc. I havent tried casting on my phone but I suggest you try playing around with the phone display, see if you can get the control line to appear.
Thank you so much Jeff. That line on my phone is not even so hard to find. I just had to understand that the phone could not perfectly emulate the TV remote which I use at home. Thanks again!! Bob