Watering holes with a Bar/Pub feel

There's also Krakow down in San Telmo (with what I think is the cheapest happy hour in town) and Carnal in Palermo.

CedarPawn said:
There's also Krakow down in San Telmo (with what I think is the cheapest happy hour in town) and Carnal in Palermo.

Krakow
also has the best steak fries with cheese I have encountered in Buenos Aires

This is a great post. I'm sorry, I'm from the states, I like to drink beer or cocktails and I don't like having my first drink at 2 am. I am going nuts not having a place to sit and have a few without feeling like an asshole for wanting more then a drink or drinking one faster then an hour. Bravo thread!!!!

I pick most of my bars based on the quality & variety of beer. So here are my favourites:

Cruzat Beer House (Sarmiento 1617)
Cossab Brew Pub (Carlos Calvo 4199)
Antares (Armenia 1447)

These places have good a good vibe (usually):

La Puerta Roja (Chacabuco 733, San Telmo)
Temple Bar (Microcenter)
Bar Indie (Paseo Colón 843, San Telmo)

If you love beer and really want to learn everything about South American beers, then check out:

Centro de Cata de Cerverza - tasting centre (Piedras 1318, San Telmo). It's not a bar in the real sense but they have an amazing selection of beer.

Cheers!

I've hit Bullers and Antares a few times in the last couple of weeks and it's been nice having a few decent beers! Thanks for the help.

The Temple Bar...Marcelo T. de Alvear 945..they are opening another one on Las Heras y Callo (next to the paint store on the corner) sometime this month.

I second, Krakow on Venezuela, entre defensa y bolivar. Not only do they have good fries, and a nice BAR, a real BAR, they have an Argentine micro-brew called Gambrinus, who make the best Stout I have had in the country. That runs 35 pesos for TWO PINTS. I have been there the past 2 friday night happy hours and I think im hooked!

Salud!

Hi! Not very "on subject" but, which bar/pub is the best one for mingling and meeting folks?

Hi! Not very "on subject" but, which bar/pub is the best one for mingling and meeting folks?

You'll have to be more specific.

Every bar is full of people from ~Wednesday - Sunday night.

Age, Nationality, Personal Style, Musical Style, "Sexual Identity", Drink Offerings, Indoor/Outdoor/Roof-Top, Area of Town... there are a lot of "bests" depending on what you're looking for. That being said, I don't know a "Best" answer to any specific question.
:p

Back