Who can guess my cholesterol?

steveinbsas

Registered
In late June of 2019 I was informed that my cholesterol level was higher than in the previous ten years.

i got it down by eating "like a diabetic" but I didn't lose any weight and still wore size 34 501 Levis jeans.

In 2000 I started following a Keto plan and soon had to shop for size 32 (chupin) super skinny 519 levis jeans.

In November of 2022 I adopted the carnivore diet and only eat meat, eggs, and cheese (no fruit or vegetables excrpt for black olives on occasion).

I only cook meat in its own fat, but I do consume two tablespoons of olive oil at room temperature whenever I eat.

I only drink water and coffee.

Last month I got the results of my latest lab work and my cholesterol level is higer than any of the previous four years.

It is one of the following:

Anyone care to take a guess?

I am doing this now because I hope I can prevent others from making the same mistakes as I did...before it's too late for them.

Last edited:
I'm guessing it's good.

Do you still only consume meat, cheese, eggs?

I do believe those foods are healthy, but how do you account for vitamin c and some other nutrients?

Weight loss does not necessarily lower cholesterol. There is a genetic component in some people that even on a plant based diet they have very high levels of cholesterol, it could be your case.

I'm guessing it's good.

Do you still only consume meat, cheese, eggs?

I do believe those foods are healthy, but how do you account for vitamin c and some other nutrients?
sugars and refined grains suck vitamin c out of your body. once you eliminate them from your diet you need a lot less vitamin c.

Also is that total cholesterol? What is your LDL and HDL? Triglicerids? Blood pressure and Glucemy levels?
Yes, it is the total colesterol

I'll provide additional details soon...after more members answer...

And I promise not to reply with.sarcasm or belittle anyone for ecpressing a sincere opinion.

I've learned more about an "appropriate.human diet" in the past 14 months than ever before and I want to share what I've experienced

In late June of 2019 I was informed that my cholesterol level was higher than in the previous ten years.

i got it down by eating "like a diabetic" but I didn't lose any weight and still wore size 34 501 Levis jeans.

In 2000 I started following a Keto plan and soon had to shop for size 32 (chupin) super skinny 519 levis jeans.

In November of 2022 I adopted the carnivore diet and only eat meat, eggs, and cheese (no fruit or vegetables excrpt for black olives on occasion).

I only cook meat in its own fat, but I do consume two tablespoons of olive oil at room temperature whenever I eat.

I only drink water and coffee.

Last month I got the results of my latest lab work and my cholesterol level is higer than any of the previous four years.

It is one of the following:

Anyone care to take a guess?

I am doing this now because I hope I can prevent others from making the same mistakes as I did...before it's too late for them.
Well let's see, initial concern after 10 years, Cholesterol elevated.
I will go with a base of 183 or 203 ... 203 I have been told is high and time to work on lowering it.
So since you indicate it is higher now than any other time in the past four years.
I will go with 233

Back