We want dialogue! No, not here, not now!

Amargo said:
The love the UK has for institutions fade away when they decide somethig that they believe go against their interests :rolleyes:
That's politics, get over it.
Having said that, the UN in 1982 simply couldn't handle the very real problem of this conflict and was severely weakened. The sight of Haig and his 'shuttle diplomacy' still rankles with many, to this day.
As a Briton, I feel that the 'Falklands issue' is a very emotional matter for Argentina, probably in more ways than for us, since it is indoctrinated into the Argentine school curriculum quite early.
Most Brits couldn't give a toss, on the other hand.
But when push comes to shove, the Brits will defend their right as they did 30 years ago when the islands were invaded by an aggressive force, from a supposedly friendly nation.
I cannot think for one minute that the UK would leave the Falkland Islands to hang out and dry after the carnage that took place all those years ago.
And they won't.

That doesnt have any sense... US can think the same about any country. California economy is in fact bigger than uk or close... so, anyone could be seen as a little mosquito by the whole US in economy issues, and be out of respect!. In the second world war US except uk and france for be a black hole on the map, and after that gave they lots of money for get better, and later called the queen as the "most powerfull person on the earth"...haha..dont make me laugh!. That was a huuge gib from US. Everyone knows that the most powerful man ever was, is and will be the president of usa and nobody else. And in the second place could be the president of japan.
In short, if someone has the respect of U.S. is because it wants it so, and feel lucky.

That doesnt have any sense... US can think the same about any country. California economy is in fact bigger than uk or close... so, anyone could be seen as a little mosquito by the whole US in economy issues, and be out of respect!. In the second world war US except uk and france for be a black hole on the map, and after that gave they lots of money for get better, and later called the queen as the "most powerfull person on the earth"...haha..dont make me laugh!. That was a huuge gib from US. Everyone knows that the most powerful man ever was, is and will be the president of usa and nobody else. And in the second place could be the president of japan.

In short, if someone has the respect of U.S. is because it wants it so, and feel lucky.

its easy to say that withaout arguments.. tellme exactly what isnt true on everything I had spelled. And then we can discuss..

flowerpower said:

As Gringoboy says that makes no sense at all. Take some English lessons or post in Spanish.

Google Translate isn't working for you.

I know that it wasnt spelled very well cus my english are not so good. But that isnt the point here, anybody with a good english can interprise that what I said.

flowerpower said:
I know that it wasnt spelled very well cus my english are not so good. But that isnt the point here, anybody with a good english can interprise that what I said.

Its not the spelling its the sentence structure. It really doesn't make sense.

Then why you tellme about google translator?. Any way, I'll try another shot.
In a few words, I tryed to say that: in economy issues, california alone got the 5th economy in the world and the economys from englan, france, and those similar countrys can be seeing by the whole US economy as little puppis whaiting for their food.
Everybody knows that both countrys (fr and uk) as been saved for US in the 2nd world war: saved from the nazi bullets, and helped with a lot of money after the war. So, almost everything they got right now is doubt US. And as if this were not enough they got the **oversized** respect from US too.
I mean, many times I heard (coming from us voice) that the queen are the most powerfull person on the world. Come on, that is the same if a tell to my puppy: "you are the most powerfull being on this house, even than me".
Lets put the cards on the table. the "US president is the most powerfull person on the earth by far!". So, if there is some puppy that after be helped in many ways still receives oversized treatments for his master(us), then he should feel very lucky, and thanked.

Gringoboy said:
That's politics, get over it.
Having said that, the UN in 1982 simply couldn't handle the very real problem of this conflict and was severely weakened. The sight of Haig and his 'shuttle diplomacy' still rankles with many, to this day.
As a Briton, I feel that the 'Falklands issue' is a very emotional matter for Argentina, probably in more ways than for us, since it is indoctrinated into the Argentine school curriculum quite early.
Most Brits couldn't give a toss, on the other hand.
But when push comes to shove, the Brits will defend their right as they did 30 years ago when the islands were invaded by an aggressive force, from a supposedly friendly nation.
I cannot think for one minute that the UK would leave the Falkland Islands to hang out and dry after the carnage that took place all those years ago.
And they won't.

I beg to differ. The Malvinas/Falklands issue is also very important to the British people. In the last couple of days there were a couple of articles on the BBC about the subject that allowed comments. Have a look there, the number of comments exceeded 1000 in the first few hours.

1833 shows that the islands were also invaded by an aggressive force. No difference to 1982.

I agree that the UK will not hand over the islands to Argentina, the face-losing risk is just too high. But I really cannot see why the UK refuse to sit down and talk, there has to be some solution which is good for all.

Back