We want dialogue! No, not here, not now!

Why would the President of Japan be the second most powerful person in the Welt? You know they lost the war, don't you?

Japan lose the war. but they never has been helped to wake up. In fact, they should work hard to become nothing less than the 2nd economy power in the world (thats why I asume that the president or emperator of japan is the 2nd powerfull man) behind us, despite having to deal with the radiation of 2 nuclear bombs.

Amargo said:
I agree that the UK will not hand over the islands to Argentina, the face-losing risk is just too high. But I really cannot see why the UK refuse to sit down and talk, there has to be some solution which is good for all.

I understand until 2007 that the UK were in constant dialogue with Argentina about various issues relating to the Falkland Island including the sharing of Hydocarbon development.

Argentina says it wants "negotiate" , if that is so, it needs to first set out what it wants the acheive from the negotiations. What we aleady know is to CK "negotiate" means, "Send us the keys and turn the lights out when you leave".

This is written into the Argentine constitution, in other words, any Argentine President is bound to aim for this, and any real negotiation which led to anything less than full possession would be seen as a betrayal by the Argentine people.

surfing said:
Regardless of the argument, attacking someone's use of English on an expat board is in my opinion below the belt ---- come on!

I'm not attacking him, I'm explaining that what he wrote really didn't make any sense.

i assumed he had written what he wanted in Spanish and automatically translated it via google translate. That's why i suggested he post in Spanish as we'd be able to understand that.

scotttswan said:
I'm not attacking him, I'm explaining that what he wrote really didn't make any sense.

i assumed he had written what he wanted in Spanish and automatically translated it via google translate. That's why i suggested he post in Spanish as we'd be able to understand that.

No you did not explain it. You just said that it did not make sense. There is a difference between saying something and explaining it.

I didnt use google translation for mi message. And I'll not. I bet you are british, and preffer say that you dont understand because it is your convenience. Anyway, if you are not a good interpreter of English languaje, then at least you can have an Idea.

expatinowncountry said:
No you did not explain it. You just said that it did not make sense. There is a difference between saying something and explaining it.

you must have missed this post

anyway.

flowerpower said:
Japan lose the war. but they never has been helped to wake up. In fact, they should work hard to become nothing less than the 2nd economy power in the world (thats why I asume that the president or emperator of japan is the 2nd powerfull man) behind us, despite having to deal with the radiation of 2 nuclear bombs.

Japan had lots of help

solerboy said:
I understand until 2007 that the UK were in constant dialogue with Argentina about various issues relating to the Falkland Island including the sharing of Hydocarbon development.

Argentina says it wants "negotiate" , if that is so, it needs to first set out what it wants the acheive from the negotiations. What we aleady know is to CK "negotiate" means, "Send us the keys and turn the lights out when you leave".

This is written into the Argentine constitution, in other words, any Argentine President is bound to aim for this, and any real negotiation which led to anything less than full possession would be seen as a betrayal by the Argentine people.
Give me one example of Argentina negotiating anything. Defaults, no. Bonds, no. New laws, no they are decrees. Trade, no all trade treaties have been reneged. Petroleum, stock aqusition, no just take it. Airlines, no just steal it. The Queen does not negotiate. In fact she is so bipolar that she can not concentrate long enough to negotiate anything [well, maybe the price of Botox].

Back