We want dialogue! No, not here, not now!

flowerpower said:
Japan lose the war. but they never has been helped to wake up. In fact, they should work hard to become nothing less than the 2nd economy power in the world (thats why I asume that the president or emperator of japan is the 2nd powerfull man) behind us, despite having to deal with the radiation of 2 nuclear bombs.
yes but they were just small prototype bombs. Similar to whats being produced in Iran today.

I might as well stick my nose in here....

I will fully support Argentina's claim to the Falkland Islands as soon as they return the territory stolen from Paraguay in the War of the Triple Alliance.

What the state of California and also Japan have to do with this topic is beyond my ken, to be honest.
Furthermore, Japan doesn't have a president as it is a parliamentary democracy and has a constitutional monarchy............................hang on a minute.
I've just started to feed the trollls.
Sharp exit required.

sleslie23 said:
I might as well stick my nose in here....

I will fully support Argentina's claim to the Falkland Islands as soon as they return the territory stolen from Paraguay in the War of the Triple Alliance.

They will claim that Paraguay started the war, which in fact is true.

scotttswan said:
Alec Betts the guy who helped the invading Argentine army during the war complaining that the islanders persecuted him after the war and he had to leave the islands :rolleyes:

In the UK, Argentina, and other civil nations, a man has to be proven guilty before condemning him. But now I'm learning that in "Falklandia", this imaginary world where international law, history and demographics are morphed, it's alright that a guy is threatened to leave his country and his small kid behind, just on a suspicion described in your link as:

He denies he was ever a spy. Many on the islands will never believe him. In his airline job, they point out, he would have been passing on weather reports and details about conditions at the airport - which would have helped the Argentinians as they prepared their attack. And although Argentine "civilians" working with him suddenly appeared in military uniforms on the day the invasion forces arrived he says: "I was as surprised as anyone that the assault came.
It's worth saying that such weather reports, seemingly deemed critical for a force of around 700 men to reduce 80, could also have been sent by Argentines and other foreigners at the islands, as well as by civilian airplanes or boats passing near them (until 1982, Argentina was not forcibly excluded from surrounding sea, as it is now). The invasion was amphibious, it didn't land on the runway; planes were sent only later on, to a runway that was well-known by Argentinians, who had built it and operated regularly on it.

AndyD said:
In the UK, Argentina, and other civil nations, a man has to be proven guilty before condemning him. But now I'm learning that in "Falklandia", this imaginary world where international law, history and demographics are morphed, it's alright that a guy is threatened to leave his country and his small kid behind, just on a suspicion described in your link as:

It's worth saying that such weather reports, seemingly deemed critical for a force of around 700 men to reduce 80, could also have been sent by Argentines and other foreigners at the islands, as well as by civilian airplanes or boats passing near them (until 1982, Argentina was not forcibly excluded from surrounding sea, as it is now). The invasion was amphibious, it didn't land on the runway; planes were sent only later on, to a runway that was well-known by Argentinians, who had built it and operated regularly on it.

Andy he left the Falklands on his own free will to be with an Argentine maid abandoning his wife and kid.

He openly aided the Argentine forces and openly celebrated the invasion, when his own two brothers were suffering dreadful hardship opposing it.

He was not forced to flee because of his views, he left voluntarily with the Argentine forces after the surrender and abandoned his daughter, ageing mother and three grandchildren, in the years since he left he could have visited them any time he wished.

scotttswan said:
you must have missed this post

anyway.

I see. You are suffering from selection bias in what you quote. Your first reaction was to downplay him telling him to use google translator when it was clear what he meant whatever he was right or not. I thought the double standars were the official policy of the British government and not of its citizens but you proved me wrong once again. You seem to not like constructive dialogue on the Falkland issue...

expatinowncountry said:
scotttswan said:

anyway.

I see. You are suffering from selection bias in what you quote. Your first reaction was to downplay him telling him to use google translator when it was clear what he meant whatever he was right or not. I thought the double standars were the official policy of the British government and not of its citizens but you proved me wrong once again. You seem to not like constructive dialogue on the Falkland issue...
1: His post was very hard to understand and made no sense at all. I'm still not sure what his point is.
2: I asked him to post in Spanish so we all might have an idea what his point is.
3: His dialogue did not appear to be on the Falklands.
4: Constructive dialogue on the Falklands needs to take the people who live there into consideration. Something that is sadly lacking on the Argentine side

OutLaw said:
That doesnt have any sense... US can think the same about any country. California economy is in fact bigger than uk or close... so, anyone could be seen as a little mosquito by the whole US in economy issues, and be out of respect!. In the second world war US except uk and france for be a black hole on the map, and after that gave they lots of money for get better, and later called the queen as the "most powerfull person on the earth"...haha..dont make me laugh!. That was a huuge gib from US. Everyone knows that the most powerful man ever was, is and will be the president of usa and nobody else. And in the second place could be the president of japan.
In short, if someone has the respect of U.S. is because it wants it so, and feel lucky.

flowerpower said:
That doesnt have any sense... US can think the same about any country. California economy is in fact bigger than uk or close... so, anyone could be seen as a little mosquito by the whole US in economy issues, and be out of respect!. In the second world war US except uk and france for be a black hole on the map, and after that gave they lots of money for get better, and later called the queen as the "most powerfull person on the earth"...haha..dont make me laugh!. That was a huuge gib from US. Everyone knows that the most powerful man ever was, is and will be the president of usa and nobody else. And in the second place could be the president of japan.

In short, if someone has the respect of U.S. is because it wants it so, and feel lucky.

flowerpower or OutLaw :eek:

scotttswan said:
expatinowncountry said:
scotttswan said:

anyway.

1: His post was very hard to understand and made no sense at all. I'm still not sure what his point is.
2: I asked him to post in Spanish so we all might have an idea what his point is.
3: His dialogue did not appear to be on the Falklands.
4: Constructive dialogue on the Falklands needs to take the people who live there into consideration. Something that is sadly lacking on the Argentine side

flowerpower or OutLaw :eek:

I do agree with you on 4. Government can't talk ignoring people there, no matter if those people should not be there according to the Argentine. The fact is that they have lived all their lives there. I'm sure the whole issue is complicated. My country is the worst offender in terms of colonialism so I can't give any practical advice ;)

expatinowncountry said:
I'm sure the whole issue is complicated. My country is the worst offender in terms of colonialism so I can't give any practical advice ;)

This statement makes no sense. You must be really old if you were involved on the development or execution of France's colonialist policies.

If you were not involved, as a descendant of those colonized/conquered by the French, I except you from all guilt of the past crimes committed by your ancestors during the colonization period.

With that said, please feel free to give as much practical advice on the subject as you would like.

PS: This act forgiveness applies even if you are Belgium instead of French.

Back