Wealth Sharing

@izongud,

Being a local guy, and such a intelligent guy at that..what is your serious take on the matter?

Apologies, all the ass kissing got me distracted :rolleyes:

I ventured a while ago that the current troubles were coming as the new political way to announce the end of the year. Looting comes as no surprise, it is unfortunatelly expected
But it is still foreign to most of us just while we´re getting to know the government and their new policy tools. All functional to their short term agenda.
With it comes the animosity you mention.
Honest people have accepted wealth differences as natural since always and most look at them as an inspiration, a powerful motivator.
If not for the individual then for their children.
A ladder, a challenge. A path.
But with the current state of affairs, I would very much worry aboud orbiting towards a cercle of humans that share the same beliefs and are not into ¨politically approved¨ shortcuts.

I enjoy being generous when I can and with those who deserve it or with total strangers. I´m not to be told to be or do so. There will always be someone richer or poorer, more or less fortunate than you. There will always be someone you can help or can help you. Really doesn´t matter if you make dollars when I make pesos. Do not think the attitude thing can be measured in currency.

Ceviche, remember that in Argentina, good leadership is authoritative/dominating. It's good that you made it very clear to your employee you didn't like his comments. It sounds like he is pretty jealous--lookout--he might really screw you over. In Argentina, if you can it's always better in business to have as few employees as possible, and outsource as much of you can. This might keep you from controlling your projects completely, and has other dangers, but in the long wrong, it will save you thousands.

Don't let your employees see you as weak, and make it very clear to them that you will not tolerate unethical crap, and that if they aren't in agreement with the salary they agreed upon, then they can look for employment elsewhere (in a very frank, even threatening, way). The minute you aren't careful, if some see an opportunity to get the upper hand even if it ends up hurting you, believe me, many of them will do it.

DO NOT.. Again DO NOT! have a business or employess in Argentina. The culture,work ethics, infastructure and laws here will NOT support your ability to compete globally effectively. End of story a lost nation falling of a cliff into well we are seeing all that in news.

Animosity because of wealth differences will be the main discussion topic in this century.
Not only in Argentina, we see it everywhere: Greek workers vs. Germany, occupy *name your city* movements.

And I have to say in part the anger is well justified. Look at all the scandals linked to the last economic crisis. Rich people -yes, even in the US, Germany or whichever 'non-corrupt' countries- evade tax, pay coimas or make deals to get orders, etc.

Many rich people are just wealthy because they were lucky to be born in a wealthy family, they are just son or daughter of.

Social justice is the biggest challenge the World will have to face.

Part of the animosity regarding wealth differences is also related to the predominant religion in the country considered.

In short, Catholic religion has always looked with a suspicious eye at profit, wealth and such while in Protestant countries, the financial success of someone is considered as a form of a tribute to God.

As a consequence, a nice car is likely more to get scratched in Argentina, France, Italy, Spain than in the US or the UK for instance.

Part of the animosity regarding wealth differences is also related to the predominant religion in the country considered.

In short, Catholic religion has always looked with a suspicious eye at profit, wealth and such while in Protestant countries, the financial success of someone is considered as a form of a tribute to God.

As a consequence, a nice car is likely more to get scratched in Argentina, France, Italy, Spain than in the US or the UK for instance.

Well, remember the riots in the UK not so long ago? or LA some years ago? (Most) Greeks are also not Catholic.
The role of religion is weakening every year and with every generation, I do not believe there is much relationship between this animosity and religion.

The animosity is -I believe- driven by a feeling of impunity every time a rich manager is caught doing something wrong and there is no consequence of whatsoever. A manager who runs a bank to bankruptcy and still gets bonus. This type of things are really annoying, normal people would like to see consequences for him too. But no, there will be some kind of farce suit and two years afterwards he will get a position as a CEO at some other company.
This feeling of injustice is a huge animosity catalyst.

Pointless asking for evidence of such an off the wall assertion so I will simply ask is someone's car safer the moment it drives over the border into Northern ireland?

Back