Wearing masks is mandatory in public spaces starting Apr 15

MilHojas

Registered

Buenos Aires City government ruled that from April 15th it will be mandatory to wear "protective elements that cover nose, mouth and chin" in public commercial centers, customer service centers and public transport.

Attachments

• 456150204-Resolucion-del-Gobierno-de-la-Ciudad.pdf
    213.7 KB · Views: 8
Good. It will somewhat prevent the spread. However, it may also make certain people less careful about social distancing.

Good. It will somewhat prevent the spread. However, it may also make certain people less careful about social distancing.
Exactly. In some ways a mixed blessing, but likely a positive in the end.

More people in La Plata seem to be finnished with quaratine, presenting a challenge for government.

From the El Dia website:

Today marks the first day of the third stage of the quarantine which will last to April 26, which found a city (La Plata) full of people going from one place to another as if it were a normal day.

Contrary to the recommendations of the health authorities, the sidewalks were full of passer-bys and the main arteries presented an enormous flow of cars and motorcycles.

The city was a tide of people with queues everywhere.

A friend sent this my way -

There is no need for all this DIY stuff. You can buy masks in pharmacies nowadays, but you need to ask for them at the counter. I guess they do it to prevent hoarding.

Yesterday I went to a pharmacy next door (smallish chain, not the Farmacity). They had masks (90 pesos for one, 400 pesos for five). These are not N95 masks, naturally. These are not even surgical masks. They are made from a single layer of some dense material and have some folds. Reasonably breathable.

I boiled them for 5 minutes and air dried. So, now I am all set up for a while.

Hint: You will not be allowed to enter a pharmacy with an uncovered face, so get a scarf or something temporary for this.

By the way, alcohol in gel was also available. Again, placed for people standing in line could take several bottles while cashier is watching.

There is no need for all this DIY stuff. You can buy masks in pharmacies nowadays, but you need to ask for them at the counter. I guess they do it to prevent hoarding.

Yesterday I went to a pharmacy next door (smallish chain, not the Farmacity). They had masks (90 pesos for one, 400 pesos for five). These are not N95 masks, naturally. These are not even surgical masks. They are made from a single layer of some dense material and have some folds. Reasonably breathable.

I boiled them for 5 minutes and air dried. So, now I am all set up for a while.

Hint: You will not be allowed to enter a pharmacy with an uncovered face, so get a scarf or something temporary for this.

By the way, alcohol in gel was also available. Again, placed for people standing in line could take several bottles while cashier is watching.
Same here, face masks and gel available in the pharmacy by me. In fact, Carrefour has gel too but it seels out quickly and they seem to only put a few packs on the shelf each day.

However, there is a need for this DIY stuff because unfortunately, some people cannot even afford 90-400 pesos. It may not be you and it may not be me, but there are people without that kind of money. I readily admit that's NOT the reason many people are doing the DIY, but for some it is.

Back