Weekend Trips

uh123b

Registered
I'm looking for any planning advice/recommendations for doable weekend (or 3-day weekend) trips from BA. I've heard that Tigre, Colonia Uruguay, La Plata, and Rosario are doable. Does anyone have any other recommendations?

Tigre and La Plata are doable 1 one day, Rosario is great and Colonia Uruguay I don't know

I think Tandil is lovely, and it's definitely a doable option for a weekend/long weekend getaway.

Lots of threads on this if you use the search bar on the homepage...

Hello Hello! If you are looking for a three/4 day break from the city I would suggest coming up to Punta Del Diablo in Uruguay! It is easiest to book a buquebus ticket here, will take to from the port to Colonia, included ticket transfer to Montevideo to the bus station and then a four hour bus ride up the beautiful Rocha Coast to Punta del Diablo.

This is the season for whale watching, horse tours through Santa Teresa National Park, or check out the sunset at Laguna Negra 3 KM away. Maybe you can take a day to see Cabo Polonio where you take a giant lifted 4X4 through sand dunes to reach the magical little pueblo of a town. There is an island where you are almost close enough to high/five all the sea lions and catch a view from the famous lighthouse.

I am happy to call Punta Del Diablo home for the past 5 months working at a hostel El Diablo Tranquilo Playa Suites in front of the quiet *at least until summer* stretches of beach Playa Rivero and are open year around. We have a lot of folks come up from BA, whether students studying abroad or expats looking to relax in front of the fireplace and asado at the same time, all are welcome! If you have any questions about getting to Punta or info about the surrounding destinations, I'd be happy to help!

Cheers,

Tim

Punto del Diablo is waaaay to far for a weekend getaway. The would easily be a 6 or 7 hour journey. That is to much travel time for a weekend trip.

The one suggestion I might add is Cordoba. Its a little further away than Rosario but I've heard great things about it.

Most good things are probally true

It's even a longer trip then Punta del Diablo, so off your list

va2ba said:
Punto del Diablo is waaaay to far for a weekend getaway. The would easily be a 6 or 7 hour journey. That is to much travel time for a weekend trip.

The one suggestion I might add is Cordoba. Its a little further away than Rosario but I've heard great things about it.

that's an 8 hour drive...

I had a blast in Carilo. It's in the same general direction as Mar del Plata, but closer.

va2ba said:

If the 6/7 hrs to Punta del Diablo are too far, then Cordoba is only an option if you're willing to take a night bus -- it's 8hrs.

for a long weekend I would suggest Cordoba province though -- we did 4 days last year around Villa Gral Belgrano / La Cumbrecita etc -- we stayed in a cabin on the lake -- here: http://www.costaverdecab.com.ar/

A nice trip if you have a car, without you'd want to stay in Gral Belgrano and just take day trips to La Cumbrecita etc.

Back