Western Union From Us To Argentina?

RichardP

Registered
Curious to know if it's possible to wire money from the US to Argentina via Western Union nowadays? I searched the forum and haven't seen any recent posts on this.

yes, can be done, local post office around here operates western union, up to 10,000 pesos per day per person and i think up to 50,000 pesos per month per person, exchange rate at the official rate, but i'm told if you go to the main office on ave. santa fe? in capital you have the option to get greenbacks or pesos. Some limits might be different as they update from time to time(not long ago the limit was 7,000 pesos per day per person)......to my knowledge fees apply in the US from 4% to 8% depending if you wire money from your phone or you go in person to the western union office in The States.
Good luck Pilgrim :cool:

Thanks, mc kenna. I called WU and they indeed wire money to Argentina again.

yes, can be done, local post office around here operates western union, up to 10,000 pesos per day per person and i think up to 50,000 pesos per month per person, exchange rate at the official rate, but i'm told if you go to the main office on ave. santa fe? in capital you have the option to get greenbacks or pesos. Some limits might be different as they update from time to time(not long ago the limit was 7,000 pesos per day per person)......to my knowledge fees apply in the US from 4% to 8% depending if you wire money from your phone or you go in person to the western union office in The States.
Good luck Pilgrim :cool:

WU in El Solar Shopping has higher limit: 80000-90000 pesos per day at least. Mc kenna, would you tell me where is their main office en Santa Fe? In their website there are a lot of agencies in Santa Fe. But I am really confused that which address is the ''main office''. Have you ever get US$ there? Thanks.

Hello, Shin, the info i passed on was given to me by an official at the post office in chivilcoy(who runs WU), i'm not familiar with the city as i live in this little hick town,and no i never got greenbacks here in town.i'm sorry i can't be of more help, but i'm pretty sure you'll figure it out.

Hello, Shin, the info i passed on was given to me by an official at the post office in chivilcoy(who runs WU), i'm not familiar with the city as i live in this little hick town,and no i never got greenbacks here in town.i'm sorry i can't be of more help, but i'm pretty sure you'll figure it out.

Thank you for your reply Mc kenna. Anyway I will look for it and share it here when find it.

Back