Western Union money transfer

WU exchange rate at 9:00am this morning....a spike of AR$3.00 since last Saturday.
1.00 USD = 120.900 Argentine Peso (ARS)

Hi i have never used WU before and had a quick look a week or so ago and it was around 155 for pounds, but im sure how it works.

so can I send money from a card to my self and pick it up? Are there extras fees other then the £4 card fee?

it also says I can send it straight to an account. If i sent it to my GFs account could she get in trouble with the afip??

You just sign up for the service and add your sending and receiving accounts. You can send from a debit card. Transfer money from one account to another. Fees vary by method of payment. Basically pretty simple.

Hi i have never used WU before and had a quick look a week or so ago and it was around 155 for pounds, but im sure how it works.
so can I send money from a card to my self and pick it up? Are there extras fees other then the £4 card fee?
it also says I can send it straight to an account.
Re: If i sent it to my GFs account could she get in trouble with the afip??
I do not know the answer as I registered in October, 2019 with WU thru their US website and I ONLY use my US passport as I.D.

From WU US website: If you receive a money transfer in Argentina, you need to complete a one-time registration within 90 days of getting it.
Also, if you receive 2 additional transfers within that 90-day period (a total of 3 transfers), you will need to register before you can pick up the third transfer. To get you registered, we will contact you within 24 hours of the transfer at the number provided by your sender. You will be asked to provide additional identifying information on an online form used for registering transfers.

Whether one picks up the cash in pesos at WU outlets or at Correo Argentino branches, the form you are asked to sign is a sworn statement...known as a declaracion jurada:
Personal information
I declare that I have read and I accept the preceding declaration
Politically Exposed People
I declare that I am NOT included in the List of Politically Exposed Persons approved by the Financial Information Unit. I declare that I AM included in the List of Politically Exposed Persons approved by the Financial Information Unit.
Terms and conditions of the service
I declare that I have read and accept the preceding terms and conditions
Additional Statement on Privacy Rules

Hi, I'm salvadoran, we use USD in my country. My question is, will my dollars (sent from El Salvador) have the same exchange rate that the dollars sent from the USA or is this rate different for the different countries that use dollars? I hope you can understand my awful english.
Thanks

Hi, I'm salvadoran, we use USD in my country. My question is, will my dollars (sent from El Salvador) have the same exchange rate that the dollars sent from the USA or is this rate different for the different countries that use dollars? I hope you can understand my awful english.
Thanks
FYI >>> Your English was quite good. Anyone could understand you.

Thanks
It appears you will get the same rate in AR$ pesos if sent from the USA. At 7:38pm.... 1.00 USD = 118.6200 Argentine Peso (ARS)
1. Go to the WU El Salvador website.
2. Click on "Send Money" at the top of the screen. You will automatically be re-directed to the WU US website:
3. Send to: enter Argentina
4. Send Amount: ______USD

Back