Western Union money transfer

Yes, we both (wife and I)have DNI. Let me ask, do you recommend Itau for any advantages in particular? Also, is the account called Cuenta bancaria para inmigrantes ? Or please specify the right one, I want to make sure I can receive the WU transfers, thats all I need.

Cuenta online. It's free for 12 months. They also give you back the official monthly inflation for your average daily balance for the first 6-12 months. But I am not sure this is the case with the new accounts, used to be the case back in Jan when I got mine. You have to use your phone to open it following the link above. If you have a problem getting approved it might be that you are not in the credit bureau database VERAZ so just fill a form to register (alta) with them
Also you can talk to itau argentian on twitter and they generally respond very quickly, good customer service.

Additionally, I hear BBVA also have a similar product and it's free for 2 years but you need to be referred by someone.

Last question would be, do you know how long it takes till I can send WU to the new account? I saw that it takes 5 minutes to open it online, but is there anything else I need to do or wait for in order to transfer WU to it? Thanks ALOT for the answers and I hope it helps others in the future as well.

If you are approved, it takes about 2 days to have the account up and running. So I'd wait 2 days to make a WU transfer AFTER the account shows up in the homebanking. It would take 7-10 days to receive your VISA debit card and pin. So if you want to get your cash out before then you'd need to go to ITAU branch to take it out physically.

You won't be able to transfer from bank to bank without a receiving account. Wait until the account is open before you try.

Today I successfully withdrew $950 in Dollars after transferring $1,000 from my bank in NYC to my Banco Credicoop account in Mendoza. (I do have a DNI) It was a tricky process as the people in Mendoza doubted that it was possible but the folks in BA's were the ones to make it happen. The fees were 2,500 Pesos and 10 Dollars, there was a lot of back and forth for me to understand the process as my Spanish sucks and there were schedules to meet. I had to move/declare that I wanted the money in dollars within 5 days and had to send Banco Credicoop my notice from Chase Bank that I sent the money from "my name" to "my name" in addition I had to categorize what the money was for from a list that I guess the Government supplies. I was Codigo A07 which means personal expenses. The people in BA's were great and responsive and walked me through it. Needless to say that is a game changer, it was the first time so I don't know how much I can transfer per month etc...

Cuenta online. It's free for 12 months. They also give you back the official monthly inflation for your average daily balance for the first 6-12 months. But I am not sure this is the case with the new accounts, used to be the case back in Jan when I got mine. You have to use your phone to open it following the link above. If you have a problem getting approved it might be that you are not in the credit bureau database VERAZ so just fill a form to register (alta) with them
Also you can talk to itau argentian on twitter and they generally respond very quickly, good customer service.

Additionally, I hear BBVA also have a similar product and it's free for 2 years but you need to be referred by someone.

If you are approved, it takes about 2 days to have the account up and running. So I'd wait 2 days to make a WU transfer AFTER the account shows up in the homebanking. It would take 7-10 days to receive your VISA debit card and pin. So if you want to get your cash out before then you'd need to go to ITAU branch to take it out physically.
Excellent, thanks for the answers. My friend (me really) would be sending from the U.S. via debit card to my wife (brazilian) which is easier for us and seems to be no issues. My questions now is, we will be sending $1500-$2000 monthly, she has no activity or work of any kind like Monotributo or anything. She is clear and not in the Veraz and has had a job a few years ago en blanco meaning legally.

Is ther a way the afip could ask or worse demand where the money is coming from and why? I mean we have kids and many expenses to show BUT do they care she is ¨unemployed¨ and receiving this money?

Excellent, thanks for the answers. My friend (me really) would be sending from the U.S. via debit card to my wife (brazilian) which is easier for us and seems to be no issues. My questions now is, we will be sending $1500-$2000 monthly, she has no activity or work of any kind like Monotributo or anything. She is clear and not in the Veraz and has had a job a few years ago en blanco meaning legally.

Singing in Veraz has nothing to do with Afip. She can try to open an account with Itau but if they say no, it's because of her not having any credit history and she should just need to do the Veraz registration...

Is ther a way the afip could ask or worse demand where the money is coming from and why? I mean we have kids and many expenses to show BUT do they care she is ¨unemployed¨ and receiving this money?

No. It's family support of legit funds from the US.

No. I do think there was a "verification" by clicking on a link and signing in to my bank logon page with my bank. That's it.
Continuing here the tale of 1st time transferring WU bank account to bank account. The transfer was set up on WU, originating bank details down to password provided and required verification documents e-mailed on 25 September. On 30 September the validation docs were finally reviewed when I called to ask why they had not been and then WU advised the transfer was in Progress to deliver. On 1 October, early in the day, nothing. Several phone calls, 1-800-325-6000, and WU opened a case file. Still nothing. I contacted my Arg bank rep. Finally after 5 pm, the funds posted to my local account. I belabor the details in this for anyone's benefit, as, at least in this case, it took a long time and WU personnel needed pushing.

Back