Western Union money transfer

?

How does the residency rule apply if you are married..? Do you need to be living full time in Argentina as we plan on splitting our time 9 months in uk and 3 in the argentine summer. Was hoping if this rule still in place if we did manage to get married in Scotland i might be able to get in under residency rule but it appears after reading your post that is not possible?

Not sure, I was here on a working visa and she was here on a tourist visa for over a year. We went home and then with the restrictions she cannot return on a tourist visa.

The problem is you need an Arg account to transfer to. If you don't have an account then you'll need to go to a physical location to pick up the money. 75% of the pros of Western Union is that you can do it account to account and you don't have to interact with any of the local businesses and the issues they will create. Most likely you'll need to make an appointment to pick up the money because they would normally not have that much money there. Then you need to actually go there and stand in line forever while they mess around. Then you have to hope they didn't tip off any of their friends that some gringo has an appointment to pick up money that morning. You will regret the hassle this introduces into your life.

There was a rash of robberies in my city all with this same motive. Robbers were being tipped off by rapipago and western union workers regarding who and when big transfers were being picked up.

If you can go account to account do it. Much simpler and safer.

If you're coming to Arg to stay in BA for 3-6 months, the smartest thing to do is bring 100 dollar bills with you. If you're staying in the interior things will be a little harder because people aren't standing on the corner advertising cambio.

Thank you. Thought the same (bring $100 bills with me) but was nervous carrying a huge amount of cash on the journey (airport, flight, Uber to the Airbnb)

Thank you. Thought the same (bring $100 bills with me) but was nervous carrying a huge amount of cash on the journey (airport, flight, Uber to the Airbnb)

you should be nervous doesn't mean something will happen, just means you need to be really cautious.

and there's no uber so you'll need to take a cab. We'll there is uber kind of but it's more shadey than a cab from the stand at the airport.

I have been transferring via WU to my Argentina peso bank account, using the Debit Card with a U$10 charge, as a source. And recently the transfer arrived into Arg bank account on the same day. Last week I decided the test the bank account to bank account method which is free and has a delivery time frame of 0 to 8 days. WU requires you to provide all your source bank account information, userid, passwords et al. In addition you're required to provide proof of identity (copy of driver's license front and back, passport page, a screen shot of your online bank account showing bank logo, your name, account number).
So all ready you're deep into providing a lot of sensitive information. As can be typical of WU they don't provide all the information you need to meet their requirements - Had to call their problem line 1-800-325-6000 to find out what ID documents were required and how to provide them to WU. Turns out they have an unlisted webpage with information on the ID proofs and an upload link which went to a blank page. Another call to their problem line to find out how to send the ID docs. They give you a WU e-mail address: Put your WU tracking number into the subject line and attach copies of the required ID docs. Their operators range from useless to capable and helpful. The good ones make it clear that your transfer will take the full 8 days. This despite the fact that they've all ready debited your transfer amount from your bank account. And the Track your Transfer will continue to show that your transfer is on hold pending ID documents. In addition every transfer like this requires the same process/procedure and sending anew your verifying ID docs.
In brief, paying instead the WU $10 fee to make a transfer via bank debit card to Arg bank peso account delivery is painless and prompt.
Western Union Wheel of Fortune

I have been transferring via WU to my Argentina peso bank account, using the Debit Card with a U$10 charge, as a source. And recently the transfer arrived into Arg bank account on the same day. Last week I decided the test the bank account to bank account method which is free and has a delivery time frame of 0 to 8 days. WU requires you to provide all your source bank account information, userid, passwords et al. In addition you're required to provide proof of identity (copy of driver's license front and back, passport page, a screen shot of your online bank account showing bank logo, your name, account number).
So all ready you're deep into providing a lot of sensitive information. As can be typical of WU they don't provide all the information you need to meet their requirements - Had to call their problem line 1-800-325-6000 to find out what ID documents were required and how to provide them to WU. Turns out they have an unlisted webpage with information on the ID proofs and an upload link which went to a blank page. Another call to their problem line to find out how to send the ID docs. They give you a WU e-mail address: Put your WU tracking number into the subject line and attach copies of the required ID docs. Their operators range from useless to capable and helpful. The good ones make it clear that your transfer will take the full 8 days. This despite the fact that they've all ready debited your transfer amount from your bank account. And the Track your Transfer will continue to show that your transfer is on hold pending ID documents. In addition every transfer like this requires the same process/procedure and sending anew your verifying ID docs.
In brief, paying instead the WU $10 fee to make a transfer via bank debit card to Arg bank peso account delivery is painless and prompt.
Bad luck I guess you were flagged by the system for additional verification. I have had no issue doing bank to bank.

I used to make all my transfers bank to bank (before I realized you lose more than 10 dollars in peso value waiting 8 days for the transfer to arrive). I only have to confirm my identity once. After that I was never asked for any more information.

Get the money fast, in and out of your AR account is well worth the 10 dollars imo.

I used to make all my transfers bank to bank (before I realized you lose more than 10 dollars in peso value waiting 8 days for the transfer to arrive). I only have to confirm my identity once. After that I was never asked for any more information.

Get the money fast, in and out of your AR account is well worth the 10 dollars imo.
I have gotten the money in bank to bank transfers the next day my last two recent transfers.

Back