Western Union money transfer

Could be time to pay my rent. It’s decreased 25% since October.

Well it has been a year since this post started. Who would have guessed that my excitement over getting a rate of 74 would have turned into 168. The CCL closed over 180 so I am sure WU will be more tomorrow. It's been a wild ride. Here's to calmer days .

Well it has been a year since this post started. Who would have guessed that my excitement over getting a rate of 74 would have turned into 168. The CCL closed over 180 so I am sure WU will be more tomorrow. It's been a wild ride. Here's to calmer days .
As of right now is there any sense that the big devaluation is going to lead to serious unrest? The kind that might make expats want to leave? Or is it more accurate to say that Argentines are used to these kind of problems and are just dealing with it the best they can? No food shortages? No spike in crime?

As of right now is there any sense that the big devaluation is going to lead to serious unrest? The kind that might make expats want to leave? Or is it more accurate to say that Argentines are used to these kind of problems and are just dealing with it the best they can? No food shortages? No spike in crime?

The only thing my local friends are really concerned about is insecurity.

Like this in Chicago in August? Probably not.

Like this in Chicago in August? Probably not.
Since I'm not looking to move to Chicago it's not going to help me get a sense of what's happening in Argentina. :) If the Peso crisis is no big deal to Argentines, great. The fact that they're willing to pay so much to obtain Dollars makes me wonder.

Since I'm not looking to move to Chicago it's not going to help me get a sense of what's happening in Argentina. :) If the Peso crisis is no big deal to Argentines, great. The fact that they're willing to pay so much to obtain Dollars makes me wonder.
If you have access to plenty of USD or Euros and live in Palermo Chico, life will be just fine.

If you have access to plenty of USD or Euros and live in Palermo Chico, life will be just fine.
or if you can live in a fancy house in Belgrano R, even better, its the NEXT level to living in a nice building in BA

or if you can live in a fancy house in Belgrano R, even better, its the NEXT level to living in a nice building in BA
To be honest if I were wealthy I'd most likely stay in the States. The wife would be happier.

Back