Western Union money transfer

I can't get my debit card approved for purchases on Amazon. I've been to the bank and called every number bbva has. Any advice? They told me my debit card has to be authorized by bcra to make debit card purchases internationally....

I used my debit card during the gap last year to pay bills and buy on Amazon without issue. Did something change in the last year?
brubank debit cards work, ITAU do not...for me.

Do you find brubank to be better than bbva? I'm not super happy with bbva right now.

FYI:Brubank does not work with W.U...transfers
That is correct. That's why I have an ITAU account as well. And move cash instantaneously bank to bank between the two when needed.

it's a fintech/digital bank. try it...keep bbva as well. nothing to lose.
The downside with Brubank (from my past experience) is that you cannot just withdraw the dollars in cash. With a regular bank like BBVA you can just go to a nearby the branch and withdraw the dollars in cash from your USD caja de ahorro. Also, Brubank does not offer credit cards which can be useful to take advantage of the 6/9/12/18 cuotas with 0% interest promotions.

That's what I was thinking, wu to my bbva then transfer to brubank.

Argentina is pretty good for bank to bank transfers. One thing they make pretty easy on people.

I checked the WU site at 1 PM this afternoon.

The rate was $207.55

About an hour later the rate was $213.50 (and that's where it apparrently "closed" for the day).

PS: Didn't someone predict the rate might increase to offset the recent increase in transfer fees (before the zero fee codes were revealed)?

That might not be the actual reason for the sudden rate increase, but it was a good call either way.

Last edited:
Back