Western Union money transfer

From a laptop on the WU website, sign in and imput the transfer details. In the summary box on the right hand side of screen you should see a Summary. From top to bottom there is the exchange rate, transfer amount, transfer fee, and then promo discount - Apply discount.
westernunion.com/us/en/web/user/login

Hey Everyone, my USD exchange guy just closed his shop for good. Does anyone have any recommendations as to where I can exchange some dollars to pesos for a good Azul rate? Thanks

Just got $213.50

I get that WU follows the CCL Libre, but at some point the government is going to intervene like they did last year with the MEP/CCL brecha, no?

What is your guys' strategy? Always bet against the peso in the long run of course, but are you taking advantage of these rates? Reverse puré? Sell USD at $213.50 to WU and buy it for $197? All good things must come to an end, so I'm curious what other peoples thinking is on the matter.

Hey, all. I just initiated a WU transfer and forgot to put in the promo code, so I cancelled immediately (I thought there was an additional step before confirmation).

WU says they will "refund" the money in 0-7 business days. Does anyone know if that means they will first debit the money and then refund it? Or will they not debit the money at all?

It was a fairly large transfer so I want to know if I should keep enough money in the bank to cover it if they are going to debit it, anyway.

Edit: I'd ask support, but I know that transferring to yourself is a gray area, so I'd rather not trigger a manual review.

I can't guarantee anything, but I believe if you cancel before they debit it, then they won't charge you. I cancelled a debit card transfer last week shortly after I had sent it and never was charged, but had the same question as you.

I'm thinking of selling my wu pesos to locals and buying some dollar to hand carry back to the US.

Unfortunately, I am using the website and I don't see anything like that

In my browser on the desktop I see "Apply promo code" link (without going to "Summary" from the main transfer money form).
213.5 pesos, OMG!

wu.png

Ah, I see it in the "Summary" as well. Sorry.

Just got $213.50

I get that WU follows the CCL Libre, but at some point the government is going to intervene like they did last year with the MEP/CCL brecha, no?

What is your guys' strategy? Always bet against the peso in the long run of course, but are you taking advantage of these rates? Reverse puré? Sell USD at $213.50 to WU and buy it for $197? All good things must come to an end, so I'm curious what other peoples thinking is on the matter.
Why would anyone bother to do the pure unless you are really desperate, the profit is really small unless you circulate large amounts of cash and you will get attention and get in trouble.
What you can do is effectively get 10-20 percent discount on purchases you make with your ARG card abroad with the brecha.

Why would anyone bother to do the pure unless you are really desperate, the profit is really small unless you circulate large amounts of cash and you will get attention and get in trouble.
What you can do is effectively get 10-20 percent discount on purchases you make with your ARG card abroad with the brecha.

I can't get my debit card approved for purchases on Amazon. I've been to the bank and called every number bbva has. Any advice? They told me my debit card has to be authorized by bcra to make debit card purchases internationally....

I used my debit card during the gap last year to pay bills and buy on Amazon without issue. Did something change in the last year?

Back