Western Union money transfer

Hope and where do you enter the promo code anyhow? I have used the fee discounts from my accumulated WU points before, and that you have to do before you start the transaction.

Hey, all. I just initiated a WU transfer and forgot to put in the promo code, so I cancelled immediately (I thought there was an additional step before confirmation).

WU says they will "refund" the money in 0-7 business days. Does anyone know if that means they will first debit the money and then refund it? Or will they not debit the money at all?

It was a fairly large transfer so I want to know if I should keep enough money in the bank to cover it if they are going to debit it, anyway.

Edit: I'd ask support, but I know that transferring to yourself is a gray area, so I'd rather not trigger a manual review.

Depends if your funds cleared from your bank or not by time you canceled. If they arrive at WU, they don't refund the fee

Depends if your funds cleared from your bank or not by time you canceled. If they arrive at WU, they don't refund the fee

I cancelled immediately, literally seconds after. I guess it depends on just how fast Chase processes ACH requests from WU. So far, there's no signs of the money having been debited, but that usually takes at least a full business day.

I guess I'll have to wait and see, thanks.

Hope and where do you enter the promo code anyhow? I have used the fee discounts from my accumulated WU points before, and that you have to do before you start the transaction.
In the app it's at the bottom after you select the amount and methods to pay and receive. Right next to the fee amount you just select "(apply Promo)."

I cancelled immediately, literally seconds after. I guess it depends on just how fast Chase processes ACH requests from WU. So far, there's no signs of the money having been debited, but that usually takes at least a full business day.

I guess I'll have to wait and see, thanks.
I've done a transfer and cancelled immediately, as you did, and they never took the money.

I've also done a transfer and cancelled after they took the money, and it took two or three days before they returned it.

I've done a transfer and cancelled immediately, as you did, and they never took the money.

I've also done a transfer and cancelled after they took the money, and it took two or three days before they returned it.

Perfect, thanks. I'll wait another 24 hours just in case but it's nice to have a data point.

Perfect, thanks. I'll wait another 24 hours just in case but it's nice to have a data point.
If there is no ACH transfer on your account tomorrow morning by 9AM ET you are fine. They won't pull it after. No need to wait full 24hs.

In the app it's at the bottom after you select the amount and methods to pay and receive. Right next to the fee amount you just select "(apply Promo)."
Unfortunately, I am using the website and I don't see anything like that

Unfortunately, I am using the website and I don't see anything like that
If you're using the website (at least on a PC), there should be a box at the upper right labeled "Summary." Inside that box there should be a line that reads: Promo discount Apply promo. Click the words Apply promo and a box pops up in which you type in the promo code.

Back