Western Union money transfer

You must be special, Steve. For me, with debit card, $300 fee $20, $500 fee $25, $1000 fee $47. (Bank to bank $2 less.)

I just logged in and the fees I wrote about yesterday ($2.99 using a debit card and $1.99 from a bank account for deposit in a bank account) are still the same.

I didn't check yesterday, but the fees for cash pickup are $6.99 using a debit card (available "in minutes") and $2.99 if the transfer is from the bank account (availble in "0-4 days").

The fee for paying "cash in store" (at least in Illinois) is still $8.00 (unchanged since I started using WU two years ago).

Can you put in a good word for me?

Would if I could.

Did you try the promo code?

Promo code still works for me as of the other day.

Maybe WU is doing marketing experiments with the fees. It just makes me angry, but it is what it is.

Cash pickup is cheaper than bank to bank.

I just checked and the code still worked for me.

Cash pickup is cheaper than bank to bank.

My screen shows a fee of $1.99 for bank to bank transfer of $500 and a fee of $2.99 if a debit card is used for a transfer to a bank.

The fee is $4.99 for cash pick up if the transfer is from a bank account and the fee is $6.99 if a debit card is used.

The fee is for cash pick up is "cheaper" ($28.50) than bank to bank ($37.50) only if a credit card is used and the funds are available for cash pick up "in minutes" as compared to "0-4 business days" for deposit to the bank account.

Is there a monthly limit to how much you can send yourself on Western Union in Argentina?

Is there a monthly limit to how much you can send yourself on Western Union in Argentina?
Western Union has a limit of $5000 USD per transfer.

As far as I know, there is no limit on the number of transfers per month, but you may need to "complete" each transfer before initiating a new one.

That being said, as some transfers are "completed" in minutes, it might be possible to make several in a day.

At some point, if you send enough, you may raise some red flags, either at the bank (if you send the funds to a bank account) or at Western Union in Argentina) who must act in accordance with the rules set by AFIP.

One member reported that the bank started blocking (fairly low monthly) transfers send to a "friend" (as opposed to an account in his name).

If you are living in Argentina and have a DNI/CUIT and are not making income declarations to AFIP, at some point the transfers (even if you pick up the funds in person or send them to someone else for cash pickup) might attract AFIP's attention if the total exceeds $150.000 ARS per month.

Last edited:
$208.75 as of 9 am today.

The low transfer fees I previously cited have not changed.

Same boat as you. And on my existing account , I was never able to get the free transaction promo-code to work either.
Does WU reject the promocode? What country are you sending from?

Is there an error message? I was able to make a transfer on Sunday, and the promo code was accepted.

It is possible that the promo code is country-specific and works for US accounts, but not for Europeans, for example?

Back