Western Union money transfer

Hi everybody, brand new here and this is my first post, I'm from Buenos Aires working currently for a UK based company and until last month I used to pick up my money instead of using the bank account option. Since now there's the chance to send the money to a Brubank account I decided to send money two times already, thing is they're now asking me to fill some form, was hesitant about it because of the AFIP thing and the likes of it. Did any of you have any issue at all with AFIP after filling up that form? Do you think would be better to keep up picking up the money than using the bank account option just to stay "off radar". Sorry if this was answered before, and cheers to all of you expats enjoying my beautiful country.
I think everyone thst uses wu regularly has filled out the registration form. I believe it basically asks you if you are a politician.

Hi everybody, brand new here and this is my first post, I'm from Buenos Aires working currently for a UK based company and until last month I used to pick up my money instead of using the bank account option. Since now there's the chance to send the money to a Brubank account I decided to send money two times already, thing is they're now asking me to fill some form, was hesitant about it because of the AFIP thing and the likes of it. Did any of you have any issue at all with AFIP after filling up that form? Do you think would be better to keep up picking up the money than using the bank account option just to stay "off radar". Sorry if this was answered before, and cheers to all of you expats enjoying my beautiful country.
Whether you pick the money or have it delivered to you account makes no difference. You will be on the radar regardless. That being said as long as you are not evading paying taxes you will have no issues.If you are -- as so many who are -- then there is always a slim chance you would draw the attention of AFIP. It's unlikely as long as you are not sending huge sums but who knows.....

Whether you pick the money or have it delivered to you account makes no difference. You will be on the radar regardless. That being said as long as you are not evading paying taxes you will have no issues.If you are -- as so many who are -- then there is always a slim chance you would draw the attention of AFIP. It's unlikely as long as you are not sending huge sums but who knows.....
Thanks, good to know how it actually works then. As for taxes I've been abroad for almost 20 years and the only taxes I actually pay are the UK ones, but since I started working home 6 years ago I started to travel and I happen to go to CABA now and then, at first I would pick up the money with my european passport but then on the receipt they give you it was all of my data from the Argentinean DNI and such, so yes, it looks like I'm on the radar for good after all 😛

If you haven't lived in Argentina for 20 years, technically you're no longer a fiscal resident of the country. The problem is that AFIP can still consider you one if they believe you have enough of a presence in Argentina. There's a lot of stuff that goes into that. Having a bank account here and receiving money isn't enough but it doesn't help. Do you have a house here, club memberships, do you keep your obra social active, etc.

Like dsp27 said, you'll probably be OK.

Yes Santander Rio has always been an issue for me. For me it seems to start rejecting transfers after the 3rd one.
WU says under https://www.westernunion.com/de/en/frequently-asked-questions/faq-registration.html:
If you receive a money transfer in Argentina, you need to complete a one-time registration within 90 days of receipt.

Also, if you receive 2 additional transfers within that 90-day period (a total of 3 transfers), you will need to register before you can pick up the third transfer.

For your registration, we will contact you within 24 hours of the transfer at the number provided by your sender. You will be asked to provide additional identifying information on an online form used for registering transfers.
Maybe this explains your problems? I remember when I started to send money to my bank account I had also problems although I answered the questionnaire I got by mail. I found an old mail from 2020:
Estimado/a Sr./Sra. FILIPO :

Recientemente (FILIPO) le ha enviado dinero directo a su cuenta bancaria que en breve estará siendo acreditado. Por disposición de la normativa argentina, deberá cumplir con los siguientes pasos de registro para asegurar el depósito en futuras transacciones.
Siga este enlace para acceder a la página de registro - https://www.e-pagofacil.com/APN/declaracion.php
Complete y envíe los campos obligatorios.
Eso es todo. Su cuenta quedará registrada en dos días hábiles, con lo que podrá recibir las transacciones futuras lo más rápido posible.
Si tiene alguna pregunta, no dude en ponerse en contacto con el equipo de servicio al cliente de Western Union al 0800-800-3030.

Que tenga un excelente día y gracias por usar el servicio Directo a Cuenta de Western Union.

Western Union Financial Services Argentina S.R.L
Teléfono: 0800-800-3030
Correo electrónico: [email protected]
And if that doesn't work, maybe the information under https://www.e-pagofacil.com/preguntas-frecuentes (I remeber I filled different forms and don't know which finally worked):
¿Puedo recibir el dinero que me envían en mi cuenta bancaria?

Sí, podés suscribirte de forma gratuita al servicio de transferencia a cuenta registrando tus datos en este formulario: www.pagofacil.com.ar/dtb. Una vez registrado, cuando recibas dinero a través de Pago Fácil, podés solicitar que tu envío directamente se deposite en tu cuenta bancaria llamando al 0-800-444-FÁCIL (32245) o enviando un mail a [email protected].

224 today. Maybe Maximo will shake things up some more and drive the rate up. Arg enjoyed what, 1 or 2 days of stability?

224 today. Maybe Maximo will shake things up some more and drive the rate up. Arg enjoyed what, 1 or 2 days of stability?
The deal with IMF is not a done deal yet (E.g. congress still needs to debate it which Máximo has shown may not be so straightforward) and just because more drastic things are “not part of the deal” doesnt mean they won’t happen as a consequence of it eventually. (E.g. a bigger devaluation of the official, which could greatly reduce the brecha and mean things suddenly are get more expensive in real terms)

The CCL/ WU rates and brecha against the official will be a rollercoaster for a while yet, with or without Máximo.

Back