Western Union money transfer

The CCL has nothing to do with inflation.

Nothing could be more obvious.

The dolar CCL (and blue, and MEP) almost never move with inflation. If you are a follower of this thread, you already know that. You wouldn't have felt the double penalty of the terrible inflation here of late, combined with your transfer amounts going down, or going up much less than they should if they were adjusting for that inflation.

In fact, over the years, these things (CCL, etc.) go down (or at least don't go up) for long stretches of time, while the inflation never stops.

Two recent examples (I'll use the blue, because I have a chart with prices, but the others moved percentage-wise relatively closely with the blue):

-- From the end of October, 2020, to early April, 2021, the blue fell more than 28%, and didn't regain what it lost until a year later, at the end of October, 2021
-- From the end of January, 2022, to the middle of April, 2022, the blue fell 12%.

In both these cases (and many, many others similar), inflation, as usual, was raging.

If the CCL (or the others) are to be considered indications of inflation, they must move with inflation, they must correlate with it.
They don't even come close.

Ah, someone who sees the obvious. I was wondering how long it would take.
However, my good capitalist comrades, we have ranged far afield from the topic of Western Union, have we not?

You'd probably be significantly better off using MoneyGram than paying that fee to WU. You have to check the rates of both, of course, but with today's rates for both, and MoneyGram's lower fee, you'd do better today with MG.

That is if you can use MoneyGram. I know that some people can't use it, and I don't think anyone has come up with a solution.

Hopefully we'll get a new code for Western Union.
The 50% code isn't working either?

What has happened to the WU thread? It's strayed, quite far as Redpossum pointed out.

You'd probably be significantly better off using MoneyGram than paying that fee to WU. You have to check the rates of both, of course, but with today's rates for both, and MoneyGram's lower fee, you'd do better today with MG.

That is if you can use MoneyGram. I know that some people can't use it, and I don't think anyone has come up with a solution.

Hopefully we'll get a new code for Western Union.
With today's rates, you still get a better deal with WUDIGITAL50 from WU than from MG. On a $600 transfer, you receive $142,366 from MG and $150,720 from WU

Western Union, Montevideo and Uruguay packed, line goes out the door, maybe 50 deep. (July 2nd. 9:30 AM)
Cash pickup received 90 % $200 peso bills 10% $100 peso bills....! A shopping bag was needed

Western Union, Montevideo and Uruguay packed, line goes out the door, maybe 50 deep. (July 2nd. 9:30 AM)
Cash pickup received 90 % $200 peso bills 10% $100 peso bills....! A shopping bag was needed

Sorry you were inconvenienced, but are you surprised? Have I not warned over and over that the first 3-5 days of the calendar month are always a Charlie Foxtrot at that office? Saturdays are always bad, even mid-month, but a Saturday on the 2nd of the month, mama mia!

Sorry you were inconvenienced, but are you surprised? Have I not warned over and over that the first 3-5 days of the calendar month are always a Charlie Foxtrot at that office? Saturdays are always bad, even mid-month, but a Saturday on the 2nd of the month, mama mia!

Very true. BUT first time I receive small denomination bills ?

Very true. BUT first time I receive small denomination bills ?

I haven't had that recently, but I have had it happen. They once gave me 40K in 100's, which I promptly paid on to my landlord. He declined to count them all, and just accepted my count :)

Had to weigh the waiting time inconvenience against the possibility that the rate goes down next week..!

I think you mean Montevideo and Cordoba?

Back