Western Union money transfer

Do you know if it's possible to send money to Argentina using WU if the sender and the receiver are the same person? I'd put the same name and phone, but different address since I'm not able to put the same one.
I send myself money from my US bank account every month.
But did you put a US address and phone number or Argentine details?
US address and phone number.

Checked WU this morning and it looks like they've really lowered the fees for cash pickups - I'm showing a $12.99 debit card fee on $500 and $23.99 fee for $1000. If transferring to a bank account the fees are about double.

Anyone else notice a change in fees?
I'm now showing a cash pickup debit card fee of $32.99 for $500!

3:15pm, CCL (per Ambito) 291.50 (up 7.25). WU 282, up 1.

WU effective transfer rate, after fees, for $500 (debit card to bank acct): 267.90 (23.6 less than CCL)
WU effective transfer rate, after fees, for $500 (debit card, cash pickup): 263.39 (28.11 less than CCL)

Has the golden age of Western Union transfers ended?

Give it a day or two. Ccl was low 280s yesterday. Big jumps usually take a few days to catch up.

Massa to announce tomorrow more tourist dollar restrictions. Should push everything up even more.

3:15pm, CCL (per Ambito) 291.50 (up 7.25). WU 282, up 1.

WU effective transfer rate, after fees, for $500 (debit card to bank acct): 267.90 (23.6 less than CCL)
WU effective transfer rate, after fees, for $500 (debit card, cash pickup): 263.39 (28.11 less than CCL)

Has the golden age of Western Union transfers ended?
use moneygram

Give it a day or two. Ccl was low 280s yesterday. Big jumps usually take a few days to catch up.

Massa to announce tomorrow more tourist dollar restrictions. Should push everything up even more.
I'm not saying it won't go up. But 23 - 28 pesos below CCL? That's almost 10%. A couple months ago we were getting CCL prices, or higher. It's a rare day now that the WU rate is close to the CCL, and it's starting to look like we're never going to see zero fee or discounted fee transfers again. And cash pickup fees have gone through the roof (for people who do cash pickups).

My recommendation is to get a free Wise account if you're American and create a CAD account with them, this will give you Canadian banking details from which you can use Western Union Canada which caps the online fee at $1.99 CAD

My recommendation is to get a free Wise account if you're American and create a CAD account with them, this will give you Canadian banking details from which you can use Western Union Canada which caps the online fee at $1.99 CAD
Thank you for that info.

I'm not saying it won't go up. But 23 - 28 pesos below CCL? That's almost 10%. A couple months ago we were getting CCL prices, or higher. It's a rare day now that the WU rate is close to the CCL, and it's starting to look like we're never going to see zero fee or discounted fee transfers again. And cash pickup fees have gone through the roof (for people who do cash pickups).
The wu rate lags the ccl. So when the ccl is going down (like what you're talking about here) the wu rate can be higher. Now that it's going up the ccl rate will be higher that the WU. The wu will catch up but always lag as long at the ccl continues to climb. It will lag more if the ccl changes faster, kinda like it being pulled by a spring.

I suspect also since the rates have been so volatile lately wu might not be trying to track as close.

Back