Western Union money transfer

Create a new account with another email. This is what I had my friend do and we have enjoyed 0 fee on 2 transfers so far, otherwise the fees would have been 448 dollars which we would never pay.

I feel like this is a limited time offer. I've created two new accounts and received 3 fee free transfers (2 on the first account and 1 on the second) before WU asked me to upload an ID. Yesterday I tried to create another new account and I got this weird message asking if my billing address was the same as my home address and then when I submitted it just spun and spun and never got anywhere. I think they've likely blocked the debit card I was using which was the same for all of the transactions.

I do plan to try again with a different debit card to see if I can create another new account and get fee free transfers by simply switching up the payment method, but let me know if you encounter similar problems. I'm in the highest fee tier for whatever reason (33 USD for a 500 USD debit card transaction for cash pickup) so I'm pretty keen to avoid the fees.

Good morning! Is there a limit on how much you can send yourself via Western Union (foreign bank account to Arg bank account) per month or per year? Has anyone had issues with limits or frequency of transfers? Thanks!

Hi everybody, brand new here and this is my first post, I'm from Buenos Aires working currently for a UK based company and until last month I used to pick up my money instead of using the bank account option. Since now there's the chance to send the money to a Brubank account I decided to send money two times already, thing is they're now asking me to fill some form, was hesitant about it because of the AFIP thing and the likes of it. Did any of you have any issue at all with AFIP after filling up that form? Do you think would be better to keep up picking up the money than using the bank account option just to stay "off radar". Sorry if this was answered before, and cheers to all of you expats enjoying my beautiful country.
I'm wondering the same thing! I'm searching the forum to see if this has been talked about already but no luck so far.

Good morning! Is there a limit on how much you can send yourself via Western Union (foreign bank account to Arg bank account) per month or per year? Has anyone had issues with limits or frequency of transfers? Thanks!
I think they state like 55000 per year but I don't recall anyone ever running into limits. I did transfer about 8000 one month and I was contacted by my bank asking for reasoning. I told them I have expenses and rent is expensive and they accepted it and moved on. No issues since then.

An English friend got cut odd earlier in the year but upon returning a few months later, it was working again. On the other hand, I pull a lot out and have had perfect luck w/American account.

I think they state like 55000 per year but I don't recall anyone ever running into limits. I did transfer about 8000 one month and I was contacted by my bank asking for reasoning. I told them I have expenses and rent is expensive and they accepted it and moved on. No issues since then.
Thanks for your reply. You were contacted by your Argentina bank to explain the reasoning or your foreign bank?

Yes, 2 transactions of 3500. Fees were 224 per each 3500 USD.
I'm reaching out so someone can repeat everything that has already been written and give me advice moving forward:
(sorry, it's just that repetition helps it sink in, I so appreciate the info I have gotten here. I'm a little fatigued trying to figure out how to make things work and to keep my money transfes flowing and costs down below 2%):

When i started following this discussion months back Western union had codes that made the transfer fees more palatable or gone. Then they disappeared but Moneygram gave good rates with little or no fees. Now MG rates are lousy. What is a person to do?
Recently I took advantage of me or friends being in the US to do in-person MG sends, which have a fee of only 8.00 for up to 1,000. This has worked for now, but when i go back to ARG in a few weeks I am looking at paying the crappy WU fees or crappy MG rates.
Can someone please advise on what to do for a longer term solution?

1) I haven't tried making a new WU account and am hoping that will work a few times.

2) Do i need to modernize, get hip, cool and learn about all this crypto stuff? Is it going to be necessary going forward if I want to keep my money transfer costs down below 2%? In general I actually need pesos for living, not dollars, long as it's at the CCL rate...

3) I am in the US now in case that makes anything easier. I already have normal accounts at some big banks (lucky me).

4) I'm moving a lot around in order to set up a household and I'm guessing it will continue for the next 12 months. I'm a small fish and " a lot" for me is less than 8000/month, usually 5-6.

5) I keep it to this to conform to my pitiful understanding of both US and ARG tax law, which i read about here whenever i notice there is a relevant post (in addition to not having any more than that available!).

6) I'm not trying to evade anything, I pay taxes in the US and earn NO money in ARG. I have a foreigners DNI. I have a non-profit in Argentina (BsAs) that supports cultural activities, so AFIP has me in their system...

I KNOW those of you who know have posted this info before for people, over and over, but if you have a free moment and time to kill, I'd appreciate it...

Back