Western Union money transfer

Any ideas why is WU buying Dollars at $80 pesos, maso, more or less..Sure they know something. How much they sell dollars for people here sending money to US/ Spread? Well the Dollar Solidario value is $81.. Sure WU is not subsidizing receivers of pesos in Argentina.!!
The WU rates in other countries are well Below the Official Rates..!

For the last 6 weeks or so Western Union seems to be ahead of the curve....as if the WU price reflects the actual value of the peso. (subjective of course)

WU benchmark is CCL, not dollar solidario. the rate has nothing to do with 30% recargo, it simply follows the CCL value. It started to go up in October once CCL broke away from the official rate and has been fluctuating with CCL ever since.

WU benchmark is CCL, not dollar solidario. the rate has nothing to do with 30% recargo, it simply follows the CCL value. It started to go up in October once CCL broke away from the official rate and has been fluctuating with CCL ever since.
Very very True! What is the rate you reckon WU charges to send US dollars to the USA.. If you happen to know or can find out?

No se. The fee might be different depending on the location. my daughter sent me $500 and was charged 12.50 and then sent a 1000 from a different shop and was charged 9.95. While internet shows it should have been 7 bucks for either transaction.

No se. The fee might be different depending on the location. my daughter sent me $500 and was charged 12.50 and then sent a 1000 from a different shop and was charged 9.95. While internet shows it should have been 7 bucks for either transaction.

The Question is the WU Rate to send Dollars to the USA ?(The reverse of what you mention) There must be a healthy spread to sell at $80--!

yeah, i understood the question, my point was - if the fees are different even in the "stable reliable" :cool: first world countries, you can only imagine what's gong on here

You can not send dollars to the US, I checked yesterday at two different locations. You can only send pesos and the rate was around 85.50.

Back