Western Union money transfer

Is anyone doing US bank transfers to Argentine bank? I just got mine rejected and they gave no reasons. I guess it's because you have to be in the country from where the money is sent...

Apparently you can't use WU for a bank transfer from US account to Argentine account if the accounts holder is the same person. How do you send money from your US account to Argentina if you don't want to send it to another person?
I recently made two US bank to an Argentine bank bank WU transfers, one in late December and one in early January using my US debit card.. Both transfers took a couple days to be credited to my account even though the site indicated the funds would arrive in minutes.

After initiating the first transfer to myself (after my sister-in-law made two transfers to me in December), and not having received the money by the second day, I used the WU online chat feature to ask about the delay. I was told to call the US toll free number from the same phone number I entered in the information when I made the transfer and was asked to answer some questions to confirm my identity. The questions were based on US public records (previous addresses in the US makes and models of cars leased, and the town in which my nephew lives.

I used my Argentine number when I made the transfer but I did not know how to call a tool free US number from Argentina. I used my skype subscription to call US numbers and called the WU toll free number anyway. I got lucky and was able to speak with a rep who, without asking if I was calling form the registered number, connected me with another CSR. The CSR actually asked if I was sending money to myself.

The funds were credited to my account shortly after the call.

The second transfer I made (in early January) was delayed because I made an error in the on line Argentine declaration form (DD.JJ.) when I entered my street name in the appropriate box (address) but entered the street number in the next box (which should have been the name of the city.

I actually received an email from WU/Rapipago asking me t send the correct information in reply to the email. I did so, but it took a couple days to process the correction and credit the funds (which were already in Argentina) t my Argentine account.

It's pretty clear what they're looking for is you having an address/ family in the US. I guess this is why they're not accepting my transfer.

I recently made two US bank to an Argentine bank bank WU transfers, one in late December and one in early January using my US debit card.. Both transfers took a couple days to be credited to my account even though the site indicated the funds would arrive in minutes.

After initiating the first transfer to myself (after my sister-in-law made two transfers to me in December), and not having received the money by the second day, I used the WU online chat feature to ask about the delay. I was told to call the US toll free number from the same phone number I entered in the information when I made the transfer and was asked to answer some questions to confirm my identity. The questions were based on US public records (previous addresses in the US makes and models of cars leased, and the town in which my nephew lives.

I used my Argentine number when I made the transfer but I did not know how to call a tool free US number from Argentina. I used my skype subscription to call US numbers and called the WU toll free number anyway. I got lucky and was able to speak with a rep who, without asking if I was calling form the registered number, connected me with another CSR. The CSR actually asked if I was sending money to myself.

The funds were credited to my account shortly after the call.

The second transfer I made (in early January) was delayed because I made an error in the on line Argentine declaration form (DD.JJ.) when I entered my street name in the appropriate box (address) but entered the street number in the next box (which should have been the name of the city.

I actually received an email from WU/Rapipago asking me t send the correct information in reply to the email. I did so, but it took a couple days to process the correction and credit the funds (which were already in Argentina) t my Argentine account.

Is anyone doing US bank transfers to Argentine bank? I just got mine rejected and they gave no reasons. I guess it's because you have to be in the country from where the money is sent...

All of the questions I was asked when I spoke with the CSR in the US to confirm my identity were based on US public records. I didn't have to be in the USA when I called them to do this as the CSR never asked where I was calling from.

I had used my US address and my Argentine cell phone number when I made the transfer. Like I said in my previous post, I was lucky to able to talk with the CSR from a phone which was not the number I used when I made the transfer.

I have a Skype US phone number for incoming calls, but that wouldn't have worked to call WU in the US. Fortunately, I did not need a "call out" number to be able to answer the identity confirmation questions, but that would have been the next step if the transfer had been cancelled and I had t start over.

They asked where I was calling from. And I called from my Argentine phone. I think your US address is enough. I didn't have one. And I guess now they must have added that to their records for ever...?

They asked where I was calling from. And I called from my Argentine phone. I think your US address is enough. I didn't have one. And I guess now they must have added that to their records for ever...?

During my online chat with WU I was told that I must call the US toll free WU number from the same phone number i entered when I initiated the transfer. I the initial recording one hears when calling that number confirms this requirement and terminates the call if you are "reporting an issue"and not calling from the same number.

When calling, I first had to enter the number of the transfer and the call was automatically terminated several times when the system could not identify the number I was calling from. I just got lucky when I was able to speak with a CSR who then transferred me to the appropriate rep who asked the questions.

I have a US address which is associated with my US bank account, but it was clear that I was supposed to call form the same phone I used when I initiated the transfer. The only reason I didn't do that is that I made an error when trying to call the WU toll free number in the US.

I did not realize until the day after I successfully spoke with the CSR, when viewing of my call history, that the default country code was for Argentina, and I was not actually trying to call a toll free number in the US.

I think your phone issue is just a minor thing. The main thing is having your US address associated to your US bank account. It shouldn't be so complicated to receive your own money without being ripped off...

During my online chat with WU I was told that I must call the US toll free WU number from the same phone number i entered when I initiated the transfer. I the initial recording one hears when calling that number confirms this requirement and terminates the call if you are "reporting an issue"and not calling from the same number.

When calling, I first had to enter the number of the transfer and the call was automatically terminated several times when the system could not identify the number I was calling from. I just got lucky when I was able to speak with a CSR who then transferred me to the appropriate rep who asked the questions.

I have a US address which is associated with my US bank account, but it was clear that I was supposed to call form the same phone I used when I initiated the transfer. The only reason I didn't do that is that I made an error when trying to call the WU toll free number in the US.

I did not realize until the day after I successfully spoke with the CSR, when viewing of my call history, that the default country code was for Argentina, and I was not actually trying to call a toll free number in the US.

If you can "get" a US street address you can use it when making future transfers.

The address I used to make the WU transfers (using my debit card) is the same address as my US ban account.

That can be changed at any time in either my bank or my WU account, but I'm not sure how to proceed if there is no address associated with you bank account.

I think your phone issue is just a minor thing. The main thing is having your US address associated to your US bank account. It shouldn't be so complicated to receive your own money without being ripped off...
I think the WU system is designed to protect people from being ripped off through identity theft.

Hi Nikad. Were you finally able to complete a transfer from US bank account to Argentina bank account through US Western Union Site/App?
Yes, at around 6 pm today it was credited to our Arg bank account.

Back