Western Union money transfer

Buy dollars. If you're bringing the pesos to the exchange you're on the wrong end of the deal.
I received the pesos from the sale of some stuff - its about $4000 USD. Is buying dollars on the blue rate the safest thing to do, what about term deposits at 35% etc or gold/bicoins? Is there any other effective method to avoid paying the blue rate?

?Can someone confirm WTF is going on now and the best ideas on what to do with a lot of pesos that I don't want to hold onto.

Sell your pesos to someone who wants to sell dollars. You will pay anywhere between 76 and 81 per dolar....depending on the person, cueva, etc.

a friend or a cueva is going to be your best bet in this day and age, unfortunately. especially since officially you can only buy 200USD at the bank.

the bitcoin idea has been discussed before on here in other threads, you won't be able to open an account on one of the exchanges here as a foreigner (based on my last understanding and attempts to do so myself). there is localbitcoins exchange, where you can buy bitcoins from individuals, but you will be losing there too as the ARS/BTC rates are generally worse than the market value of BTC.

check out dolarhoy.com the WU rate follows the contado con liqui rate. As it goes up and down so does WU.

I went to two WU offices today to pick up my transfer. Neither had enough money. Any recommendations?

Back