Western Union money transfer

monday 2 digits might become history

As much as I can understand for those who have dollars they could be gleeful that the dollars can get more pesos on Monday . i ask you to think about Argentinians who earn in pesos whose wages will be decimated if the peso devalues 25% more . I much prefer a stable currency and system than one based on espectulation and misery that will temporary give me more pesos but in the long run will make me leave the country due to civil unrest and instability

As much as I can understand for those who have dollars they could be gleeful that the dollars can get more pesos on Monday . i ask you to think about Argentinians who earn in pesos whose wages will be decimated if the peso devalues 25% more . I much prefer a stable currency and system than one based on espectulation and misery that will temporary give me more pesos but in the long run will make me leave the country due to civil unrest and instability
Having Argentinean family myself, I do feel for the people living and earning in pesos but a lot of this has been as a consequence of the politicians that they themselves have voted for, who have undermined the peso so badly that has given ALL Argentines a total obsession with the dollar.

It is sad.
And nothing to be gleeful about.
As a matter of fact, the $US suffers from inflation here. Every day the $US buys less. Every day we´re all getting a step closer to civil unrest and instability.
$US1 today buys less than $US0.50 used to buy few years ago. It means nothing if the change is $75ARS or $7500ARS.
It´s a lose-lose situation.

Last edited:
It is sad.
And nothing to be gleeful about.
As a matter of fact, the $US suffers from inflation here. Every day the $US buys less. Every day we´re all getting a step closer to civil unrest and instability.
$US1 today buys less than $US0.50 used to buy few years ago. It means nothing if the change is $75ARS or $7500ARS.
It´s a lose-lose situation.
My rent is 15,500 pesos. Two years ago it was 12,500. I was paying more two years ago than I do now (I earn in dollars). Considerably so, in fact. So while the point above is valid, there are definately benefits to the peso collapsing for some expats, that's just a fact. Another example would be peso debt one might have in loans and/or credit cards.

That said, I am the only non-Argentine amongst all my family and friends. So while I can take a crumb of comfort from decreasing rent (really, who wouldn't?), I would prefer my parents in-law, who have been amazing to me, were not staring down a proverbial barrel.

Not for the Argentines that are Unionionized, The Camioneros and Bankers and porteros . Get adjusted for inflation and more..!

Back