Western Union money transfer

Hello everyone,

So far Western Union rate (send USD Cash form USA, pick up Peso in BsAs) seems to be the best exchange rate? How about the "blue dollar" rate that you get in Buenos Aires at this moment? I'm returning to Buenos Aires next month and will stay there for an extended period of time. I'm not sure should I carry maximum USD cash with me (and get money exchange at dollar blue rate), or should I just ask my sister (in USA) to send me money via Western Union regularly. Which rate is better? Also, if I use the Western Union way, can I pick up the money by showing only my passport? I will be living in Buenos Aires with a tourist visa so I don't have DNI nor tax file number. Thanks for the advice.

Do both bring greenbacks and ask your sister to send you via WU, note that there is a limit to the monthly amount you can send via WU ..! Ig you don't spend the dollars you take them back...

Glad to see everyone can benefit from this now . Hope it stays up until I get there.Can anyone tell me the Cueva rate just curious

where can i find promo code for western union?
I got mine from a Western Union rep responding to my complaints about their lousy service. And it is lousy. So don't feel any guilt in sending them a complaint and when they respond, if they don't offer one, ask for one. As I recall I complained about the fee to the rep and he offered up the promo code. Also, I was able to re-use the promo code successfully in my various attempts to send myself money. It didn't expire after several uses.

where can i find promo code for western union?
I got mine from a Western Union rep responding to my complaints about their lousy service. And it is lousy. So don't feel any guilt in sending them a complaint and when they respond, if they don't offer one, ask for one. As I recall I complained about the fee to the rep and he offered up the promo code. Also, I was able to re-use the promo code successfully in my various attempts to send myself money. It didn't expire after several uses.
As a guest, this morning (9:40am) I was checking the WU exchange rate for Cash pick up in ARG/Pay cash in-store in USA.
1.00 USD = 72.8300 Argentine Peso (ARS)
The promo code was published on the same screen:
$5 transfer fee2 for sends up to $500 when you pay online with your debit card using promo code F1532, expires 12/31/2019.
*Excludes money transfer via social/chat applications and bill payments on WU.com and the WU app. No cash redemption value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Void where prohibited. Void if transferred, sold, altered, or bartered.

As a guest, this morning (9:40am) I was checking the WU exchange rate for Cash pick up in ARG/Pay cash in-store in USA.
$5 transfer fee2 for sends up to $500 when you pay online with your debit card using promo code F1532, expires 12/31/2019.
*Excludes money transfer via social/chat applications and bill payments on WU.com and the WU app. No cash redemption value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Void where prohibited. Void if transferred, sold, altered, or bartered.
Nice! Western Union - Wheel of Fortune!

I live on XE 59.7944 at the time of typing this

Back