Western Union money transfer

74 today as well.
Thanks for the update. Today the WU rate went up slightly to 75.02. The 8 dollar fee to send is around 600 pesos at that rate. If you send 1000 dollars your rate is about 74.42, if you only send 500 the fee is still 600 pesos and your rate would be about 73.82.

I had previously received an error saying to "Check your receiver's bank information" *error code C1777/T3508* when transferring to my Galicia account, but today the transfer did apparently go through, from a US debit card. I used the fill CBU number for my Galicia account and my CUIT. I was tempted to go directly from my US bank account, but WU requires you provide your bank credentials to a third party service called "paywithmybank.com" which seems like a huge security risk.

I got email confirmation from WU almost immediately, and within an hour was sent a link to fill out the declaracion juridica on pagofacil's site. We'll see if the transfer goes through on Monday as expected.

I send myself money from my U.S. Bank account to here and pick up pesos. I just checked. WU is 77.
That's a great option if you don't have someone or just don't want to bother someone to do actually go to a WU store to deliver the payment, but according to their website you are paying a $50 transaction fee instead of $8. At today's rate of 77.27 the net difference is approximately 3,245 pesos for a $1000 transaction. Your net rate would be around 73.40 on a bank transfer and around 76.65 using the in-store option.

That's a great option if you don't have someone or just don't want to bother someone to do actually go to a WU store to deliver the payment, but according to their website you are paying a $50 transaction fee instead of $8. At today's rate of 77.27 the net difference is approximately 3,245 pesos for a $1000 transaction. Your net rate would be around 73.40 on a bank transfer and around 76.65 using the in-store option.
You've chosen the most exaggerated case, and apples and oranges.
There are several payment options if you plan to pick up your cash here. $50 is the fee for paying using a CREDIT CARD. If using a Debit Card it's $35.00 and if using a bank transfer it is less (using your WU online account it's easy to see the cost options by clicking on "start a new transfer"). If instead of picking up your cash here you opt to send it to your bank account here, the costs are even cheaper, but more hassle with documentation and taking more time to show up in your bank account.

Back