Western Union money transfer

......Update Note: After checking through all the e-mails received from WU, there were no links or mention of a Registration.

How can receivers register in Argentina?
Receiving money in Argentina

If you receive a money transfer in Argentina, you need to complete a one-time registration within 90 days of getting it.
Also, if you receive 2 additional transfers within that 90-day period (a total of 3 transfers), you will need to register before you can pick up the third transfer.
To get you registered, we will contact you within 24 hours of the transfer at the number provided by your sender. You will be asked to provide additional identifying information on an online form used for registering transfers.

How can receivers register in Argentina?
Receiving money in Argentina

If you receive a money transfer in Argentina, you need to complete a one-time registration within 90 days of getting it.
Also, if you receive 2 additional transfers within that 90-day period (a total of 3 transfers), you will need to register before you can pick up the third transfer.
To get you registered, we will contact you within 24 hours of the transfer at the number provided by your sender. You will be asked to provide additional identifying information on an online form used for registering transfers.
I just checked my transfer history.
Definitely qualify, per the FAQ Receiving money in Argentina, to be required to register. Including the 3 transfers within 90 days.
Have never been asked or required to register.
In the WU online information format for Receiver's information area it says "Phone number (optional)"
The only required information is First and Last name of the Receiver.
"Western Union Wheel of Fortune"

I just checked my transfer history.
Definitely qualify, per the FAQ Receiving money in Argentina, to be required to register. Including the 3 transfers within 90 days.
Have never been asked or required to register.
In the WU online information format for Receiver's information area it says "Phone number (optional)"
The only required information is First and Last name of the Receiver.
"Western Union Wheel of Fortune"

When I initiated my first bank to bank transfer, I provided the same email address for both the sender and recipient as both of them were the same..

As the recipient, I received an email with the following message:

Recientemente, (stebeinbsas) le envió una transacción Directo a Cuenta. Por disposición de la normativa argentina, deberá registrar su cuenta para recibir estos fondos. Para registrar su cuenta, complete lo siguiente dentro de los próximos cinco días hábiles:
  • Siga este enlace para acceder a la página de registro - https://www.e-pagofacil.com/APN/declaracion.php
  • Complete y envíe los campos obligatorios. Su cuenta quedará registrada en dos días hábiles después de haber completado el formulario en línea.
Si no cumple con el registro obligatorio de la cuenta dentro de los próximos cinco días hábiles, los fondos regresarán a su remitente:

Si tiene alguna pregunta, no dude en ponerse en contacto con el equipo de servicio al cliente de Western Union al 0800-800-3030.

Que tenga un excelente día y gracias por usar el servicio Directo a Cuenta de Western Union.

Western Union Financial Services Argentina S.R.L
Teléfono: 0800-800-3030
Correo electrónico: [email protected]

When I initiated my first bank to bank transfer, I provided the same email address for both the sender and recipient as both of them were the same..
As the recipient, I received an email with the following message:
Recientemente, (stebeinbsas) le envió una transacción Directo a Cuenta. Por disposición de la normativa argentina, deberá registrar su cuenta para recibir estos fondos. Para registrar su cuenta, complete lo siguiente dentro de los próximos cinco días hábiles:
  • Siga este enlace para acceder a la página de registro - https://www.e-pagofacil.com/APN/declaracion.php
  • Complete y envíe los campos obligatorios. Su cuenta quedará registrada en dos días hábiles después de haber completado el formulario en línea.
  • Si no cumple con el registro obligatorio de la cuenta dentro de los próximos cinco días hábiles, los fondos regresarán a su remitente:
  • Si tiene alguna pregunta, no dude en ponerse en contacto con el equipo de servicio al cliente de Western Union al 0800-800-3030. Que tenga un excelente día y gracias por usar el servicio Directo a Cuenta de Western Union.
  • Western Union Financial Services Argentina S.R.L
  • Teléfono: 0800-800-3030
  • Correo electrónico: [email protected]
#1 This is a message you received after somehow successfully completing a WU transfer. #2 le envió una transacción Directo a Cuenta #3 How you succeeded and through what application / website you used, in getting a transfer directly to your account, remains the mystery. #4 Where and how did you initiate your first bank to bank transfer? Was your relative involved, i.e., went to a US WU office and paid for the transfer?

83.37....83.37 may be a breakout level in terms of its relationship with the other types of peso conversions. It is above all of them I think. Sure it is something good for the holders of dollars....but it would not be constructive to break the currency.

#1 This is a message you received after somehow successfully completing a WU transfer. #2 le envió una transacción Directo a Cuenta #3 How you succeeded and through what application / website you used, in getting a transfer directly to your account, remains the mystery. #4 Where and how did you initiate your first bank to bank transfer? Was your relative involved, i.e., went to a US WU office and paid for the transfer?
I used the USA Western Union website (from my house in Bs. As. without using a VPN). I actually received the email after initiating the first transfer from myself to myself (from my US bank account using my debit card direct to my Argentine bank account), but was the third transfer I received in Argentina, The first two transfers were cash paid in the USA by my sister-in-law for cash pick up by me at a WU agency in Argentina.

I used the USA Western Union website (from my house in Bs. As. without using a VPN). I actually received the email after initiating the first transfer from myself to myself (from my US bank account using my debit card direct to my Argentine bank account), but was the third transfer I received in Argentina, The first two transfers were cash paid in the USA by my sister-in-law for cash pick up by me at a WU agency in Argentina.
One question, if you used your Debit Card to pay the transfer then (I think) that scenario is not bank to bank transfer case, isn't it?. I also think artisan and I are finding out how to complete successfully a bank to bank transfer (no cards are involved in this scenario).

Ahh, okay, mystery solved I think. When your first two transfers were paid in cash in USA and delivered to your bank account, WU must of indexed you in a more formal? way.Then you fell under their rules, the ones that Gracielle found and posted.

I think WU's different modalities are not well synchronized. So you can get one experience, as you have, and another (others?) as I have. Even though I've made multiple transfers, as same sender to same receiver, it's never triggered 'the rule' and it's also never allowed me to send to my bank account here.

Back