Western Union money transfer

I sent myself 100usd bank to bank yesterday. I'll keep yall filled in. Got my fingers crossed.

Just checked the app, and WU does not allow the pay cash in-store option, wth! I tried to click on it a few times, but it says that method is currently unavailable. I can still transfer online through debit or credit card, but of course that comes with heftier fees. The more you send, the higher the fees. A $500 USD transfer would cost me $25 fee instead of $9. Anyone encountered this? Is the $25 fee still worth it?

Just checked the app, and WU does not allow the pay cash in-store option, wth! I tried to click on it a few times, but it says that method is currently unavailable. I can still transfer online through debit or credit card, but of course that comes with heftier fees. The more you send, the higher the fees. A $500 USD transfer would cost me $25 fee instead of $9. Anyone encountered this? Is the $25 fee still worth it?

To accomplish a pay cash in store transfer, go to the WU US website (instead using the app).

I just checked and it looked like this is possible. It shows the fee for the $500 transfer will be $9.00

The website also indicates a three day delay for the transfer to be credited to a bank account.

The funds should be available for cash pick up at a WU agency in Argentina "in minutes."

I don't get to BsAs until a week from today. I'm wondering if I should transfer some money to myself now just in case WU glitches for good. I've been checking WU rates for the past 2 weeks and it's fluctuated from 81ish to 84ish. Unless shit hits the fan, don't see any huge climb in rates within a week, I hope.

I don't get to BsAs until a week from today. I'm wondering if I should transfer some money to myself now just in case WU glitches for good. I've been checking WU rates for the past 2 weeks and it's fluctuated from 81ish to 84ish. Unless shit hits the fan, don't see any huge climb in rates within a week, I hope.

Unless you are planning to transfer a massive lump of cash I don’t see why wait. The price will fluctuate based on the dólar liqui and MEP but I don’t see the price changing much in a week maybe 1-2 pesos up/down. I don’t see why you worry about WU being shut. Argentina cannot forbid operations taking place outside the country. And and this is exactly what is happening. The US dollars never really make it to Argentina and the pesos that you get were already here.WU serves as an agent connecting people who want to sell pesos and people who want to buy pesos using foreign currency that currently the Argentine government itself affirms costs 82 pesos per USD. The oficial rate + 30percent. The oficial rate is not real and the local currency market has extreme low liquidity — on some days there are literally a single digit number of transaction taking place on that rate in the city of BA. It’s used for clueless tourists (over)paying with the their credit cards or exchanging money in a legal casa de cambio or hotel.

Update: Received the cash today directly into my Argentine bank account. It took EXACTLY 7 days from initiating the transfer to the money hitting the account. Yesterday, I received an email from WU/Pagofacil that the money has been passed onto the bank and it will be credited "shortly" -- well it took them 24hrs jaja. And there was also a link to the form Steve had already shared about registering so I can get future transfers. So if you do direct to bank transfer from a US bank to an AR bank be patient it will take 5 business days and the funds are usually credit around or little before 6pm on the 5th business day (budget an additional to be on the safe side). The funds are deposited through a payment clearance called "Interbanking Argentina" -- which is the equivalent of ACH in the US, so those are often MANUALLY cleared on both ends -- by WU and the recipient bank, one of the reasons for the massive delay.
Update2: I initiated a second transfer yesterday and I received a message today that the money has been passed onto the bank already for crediting — with the usual register to make sure they are no delays in the future link which suggests this is an automated message since I had register already — so the money shooooould credit tomorrow I guess. So obviously a transfer can arrive at any time between 1-6 biz days, any logic escapes me at this point haha.

Im still getting the same error ("Please check your receiver's bank information. C1777 [T3508]") to send money to ARG bank account. Any idea to solve it?

Back