Western Union money transfer

The rate was $81 USD to one ARS this morning.

At 2 PM it was $83 to one.

Every cloud has a sliver lining...one day at a time.

The rate was $81 USD to one ARS this morning.

At 2 PM it was $83 to one.

Every cloud has a sliver lining...one day at a time.
I saw that it was low this morning so I checked dolarhoy. I figured they would up it later in the day, glad I waited.

Hi, im new and i want to summarize a bit what ive been reading to see if i have the correct and most up to date information.

there are three ways to send money via WU:
1. To Ar bank account in pesos
2. To Ar bank account in dollars (does this have the usd200 limit?)
3. For pick up in rapipago/WU

in All cases i need To register on the US website, and make sure to submit that the receiver is argentine nationality.

I have read that the sender and receiver cant be the same person in some cases, but am not sure if this is always true? Or only for account to account transfers?

The pick up option seems to be the most reliable, but people prefer the bank account option, i am assuming because its more practical than having to wait in line. Are there any other differences? As far as the AFIP goes, i am thinking pick up option might be best?

when i received transfers via Wiretransfer i was never able to get them in dollars, but the exchange rate wasnt bad. Is WU a better option than Wiretransf

Thank you!

Just to clarify, i am referring to transfers made from the debit card option, not in store deposits in the US.

Hi, im new and i want to summarize a bit what ive been reading to see if i have the correct and most up to date information.
there are three ways to send money via WU:

1. To Ar bank account in pesos
2. To Ar bank account in dollars (does this have the usd200 limit?)
3. For pick up in rapipago/WU

in All cases i need To register on the US website, and make sure to submit that the receiver is argentine nationality.
I have read that the sender and receiver cant be the same person in some cases, but am not sure if this is always true? Or only for account to account transfers?
The pick up option seems to be the most reliable, but people prefer the bank account option, i am assuming because its more practical than having to wait in line. Are there any other differences? As far as the AFIP goes, i am thinking pick up option might be best?
when i received transfers via Wiretransfer i was never able to get them in dollars, but the exchange rate wasnt bad. Is WU a better option than Wiretransf
Thank you!

From my personal experience, comments:

#2 to an Arg Acct in U$ - not available. Yes, #1 and #3.

You need to register yourself on the WU US site - If sending money to Arg for cash pick-up no need to ID the receiver as Argentine, use the minimum required entries only to ID the receiver. But for a transfer to a bank account - yes, identify receiver as Argentine, including if it's you.
The sender and the receiver can be the same for cash pick-up. I believe sending to bank account can be same person, sender / receiver.

Pickup option is super reliable, available within 1/2 hour of transfer for pickup, select a good pick up location and it's fast, efficient, money in hand. You can walk / taxi your pesos to deposit in your bank account (if you have one), It's a more expensive transfer fee than sending to a bank account. Sending to a bank account can be a hassle setting up with WU, it takes days to arrive, you sweat the arrival. It's cheaper.

As far as I can tell AFIP isn't an issue with WU transfers. But cash pickup leaves less of a trail than going into a bank account.

WU currently has the absolute best exchange rate over any method.

Good luck with WU Wheel of Fortune.

Thank you!
From my personal experience, comments:
#2 to an Arg Acct in U$ - not available. Yes, #1 and #3.
You need to register yourself on the WU US site - If sending money to Arg for cash pick-up no need to ID the receiver as

This morning, the exchange rate from western union is 84. I am getting two months of expenses ahead. Who knows what will happen? Everything in Italy is closed except for pharmacies and grocery stores. I have been in Milan, a huge bustling city before the lock down. It could happen here. Don't panic, but be prepared.

Back