Western Union money transfer

Sure....all supermarkets accept credit cards....until they don't. Worst case is there is a social disruption...or some kind of freeze put in place by the government. I am no expert on that except these days who knows what can happen anywhere.

Maybe we should move to your area ? the Chino on Av Santa Fe at Vidt takes no CC
When I wrote the reply, I was thinking of supermarkets as in Carrefour and Disco.

Please add the word ¨chain¨ to my post.

Perhaps you should have moved to my neighborhood before TSHTF.

It´s probably too late for that now, at least for this round.

I don't have an Argentine bank account, no credit card or debit. All cash ,all the time. I have no desire to deal with the banks here.
You're wise to be planning your cash without a bank. I do have an Argentina bank account and there is always some issue dealing with them and getting money in or out - this is under normal circumstances. I keep thinking what happens under the pressure the coronavirus if it goes pandemic here and starts interrupting services and businesses. Seems like a good time to have a stash of pesos you can put your hand on.

Recently I've been using the WU mobile app to check the exchange rates and to set up a transfer. This morning I opened the app, signed in and got a promotional page. Promoting sending money direct to bank account for free, no transfer fee with a promo code. The promo code was offered on the promotional page.

Yeah there was a 10 dollar free promo when I checked yesterday. bank to bank has always been free for me at least

Back