Western Union money transfer

My usual RapiPago/WU outlet is located in a medium-size 2-story galeria in downtown Caballito. I have been using that location since November. It has always been a very busy spot from 7:30am-10:00pm 7 days per week. At peak times I have seen lines up to 20 persons waiting to pay bills and others to pick up transfers. By chance I passed by today at 2:30pm The sign on the main door of the galeria read: Due to COVID-19 reduced hours from 2:00-8:00pm until March 31st and possibly longer.

I was not picking up another transfer but obtained info from the only clerk left at the Rapi/Pago/WU counter. She was told this morning to wrap up the closure of the booth at that location by 3:00pm and not to return to work until further notice. She suggested I contact other WU locations throughout
the city to ascertain their situation before initiating another transfer.

My usual RapiPago/WU outlet is located in a medium-size 2-story galeria in downtown Caballito. I have been using that location since November. It has always been a very busy spot from 7:30am-10:00pm 7 days per week. At peak times I have seen lines up to 20 persons waiting to pay bills and others to pick up transfers. By chance I passed by today at 2:30pm The sign on the main door of the galeria read: Due to COVID-19 reduced hours from 2:00-8:00pm until March 31st and possibly longer.
I was not picking up another transfer but obtained info from the only clerk left at the Rapi/Pago/WU counter. She was told this morning to wrap up the closure of the booth at that location by 3:00pm and not to return to work until further notice. She suggested I contact other WU locations throughout
the city to ascertain their situation before initiating another transfer.
A few days ago I got a pop up window when signing onto Western Union mobile app. It gave a promo code, Free transfer for transfers to a bank account. They may of been foreseeing difficulties of one kind or another with the Pick up Cash option. Sounds like bank to bank (assuming you have one here) transfer could become the better option. I did pay an electric bill at a nearby PagoFacil/Western Union office this morning on Las Heras. They were open at that time with no indication they were going to close. Will check again soon.

A few days ago I got a pop up window when signing onto Western Union mobile app. It gave a promo code, Free transfer for transfers to a bank account. They may of been foreseeing difficulties of one kind or another with the Pick up Cash option. Sounds like bank to bank (assuming you have one here) transfer could become the better option. I did pay an electric bill at a nearby PagoFacil/Western Union office this morning on Las Heras. They were open at that time with no indication they were going to close. Will check again soon.
Thanks for any updates. I don't do bank transfers. Last week I received a substantial transfer via the Pick up Cash option. The stash should last for the next 3 months. Next I will gather info on what is happening at other WU outlets. And there is always the option for me to return to using cuevas.

Thanks for any updates. I don't do bank transfers. Last week I received a substantial transfer via the Pick up Cash option. The stash should last for the next 3 months. Next I will gather info on what is happening at other WU outlets. And there is always the option for me to return to using cuevas.
So, I hiked up to the Disco / WU office on Uriburu / Recoleta where I've reliably been able to pull my transfers without any issues.
#1 there's a line, two lines - one with people granted access to Disco, one by one. And line the other to the WU/PagoFacil.
#2 the WU office did not know if they would be working tomorrow or not and, of course, the only way to check is to go to the office. No phone.
With the WU rate jumped back up to 89.07 per Macanudo maybe it's time to experiment with the bank transfer option, for myself, which means gaming out the status of the bank. grrrr!
And just to note, the Disco guard said, proudly, they're open full hours tomorrow and for people 65 and over there's a special one hour window for 65+.

....With the WU rate jumped back up to 89.07 per Macanudo maybe it's time to experiment with the bank transfer option, for myself, which means gaming out the status of the bank. grrrr!
The Correo Argentino office in your neighborhood may have a WU outlet. Mine does and I am going to check it out tomorrow. I doubt the latest restrictions to be announced tonight would extend to the closing of ARG postal service offices.

Last edited:
Back