Western Union money transfer

A friend went to the post office this morning...
The main post office is closed until the around the 15th of April.
The local post offices will honor WU cash transfers, if they have the cash
The maximum amount is 25,000 pesos AND ONE MORE THING....ONLY BETWEEN 9 AM AND 11 AM !!!
I have the feeling each Correo Argentino office is setting their own hours depending on the number of employees available to come in.

Just checking the Dolar CDO C/LIQ page. Peso has dropped to near 88. And quoting compare/venta in the 84 range. WU is still offering 91.59 right now. If you're willing to risk it for a biscuit, and pick up pesos when WU re-opens here again.
Western Union Wheel of Fortune
WU rate at 2:20pm went down to $87.30.
The Wheel of Forture may be going for rolleycoaster ride!

I initiated a transfer on Tuesday and I just checked my Santander Rio account.

The funds have not yet been credited. The last transfer I made (before the quarantine) was deposited in the late afternoon of the second day.

Will update as soon as the funds have been credited...

Actually, I initiated the transfer yesterday...it just seems like two days ago....

And the funds were credited to my account late this afternoon.

Actually, I initiated the transfer yesterday...it just seems like two days ago....
And the funds were credited to my account late this afternoon.
Is someone paying at the store for you or was this was a transfer you paid online under your name and delivered to your Santander bank account?

Is someone paying at the store for you or was this was a transfer you paid online under your name and delivered to your Santander bank account?
I made the transfer using the Western Union USA website to which I was logged in, with all of the sender´s and receiver´s (both me) info already in their system, paying with funds from my own US bank account, using my Charles Schwab debit card.

PS: It took less than two minutes, from log in to confirmation, to complete the transfer.

Last edited:
A friend processed a transfer to herself through XOOM this week. She went to MORE MONEY on Libertad and the place was closed, so she is stuck without cash for her rent. I would be in the same situation if I hadn't opened a local bank account last year.

Just posting so that those who pick up their cash transfers are aware that these agents are closed for business.

I made the transfer using the Western Union USA website to which I was logged in, with all of the sender´s and receiver´s (both me) info already in their system, paying with funds from my own US bank account, using my Charles Schwab debit card.

PS: It took less than two minutes, from log in to confirmation, to complete the transfer.

When you created your WU account, did you use a VPN with your USA address? Do you know if you were to use your saving or checking bank account number instead of your debit card, would there be a transfer fee?

Back