Western Union money transfer

Today I received an e-mail, as the receiver of this transfer to bank account, from WU, advising as a first time receiver "By provision of Argentine regulations, you must comply with the following registration steps to ensure the deposit in future transactions". There was a website link in the e-mail to the registration form. A very functional, easy registration form in Spanish provided, taking 3 minutes to complete. Done.
What specific information is asked on the form?

I am trying to send money from my us bank Acct to my Buenos Aires bank (Banco de la Nation, Argentina) acct.

Does anyone know how many numbers are in the CBU. My CBU, as listed by my bank is 0xxxxxx1-3000xxxxxxxxxxx or 8numbers-14numbers. When I put this into my account number, WU says "There's a problem with this bank account number. Please check and re-enter it. If the problem happens again, please call your bank to confirm the account information."

I've tried it with and without the "-".

And of course asking the bank isn't an option.

I also assume CUIT is the same as CUIL.

Any help with the account number would be appreciated.

T/

I am trying to send money from my us bank Acct to my Buenos Aires bank (Banco de la Nation, Argentina) acct.

Does anyone know how many numbers are in the CBU. My CBU, as listed by my bank is 0xxxxxx1-3000xxxxxxxxxxx or 8numbers-14numbers. When I put this into my account number, WU says "There's a problem with this bank account number. Please check and re-enter it. If the problem happens again, please call your bank to confirm the account information."

I've tried it with and without the "-".

And of course asking the bank isn't an option.

I also assume CUIT is the same as CUIL.

Any help with the account number would be appreciated.

T/
The CBU is 16-digit number. Yes, the CUIT number is the same as the CUIL.

I just checked my Argentine bank account online.

My CBU has 22 digits without the dash.

Anyone who can access their bank account online should be able to confirm thier CBU (and perhaps copy and paste it where desired in an online form).

The CBU is 16-digit number. Yes, the CUIT number is the same as the CUIL.
This vexing 'problem' kept recurring in my early attempts. Finally a minor change was made and I stopped getting the error code, and advanced to the next stage.
You could try changing other data in your Receiver profile (I added a middle name) or deleting your Receiver file and creating a new one. CBU, numbers only. CUIL is the number on the back of your DNI card. Enter the CUIL, numbers only no dots, from the back of your DNI card.

I just checked my Argentine bank account online. My CBU has 22 digits without the dash. Anyone who can access their bank account online should be able to confirm thier CBU (and perhaps copy and paste it where desired in an online form).
Just to note, you can copy and paste your CBU in the first line. Where you are required to enter it the second time, you must type it in. Fortunately the number you pasted in is just above to copy from.

Anyone else seeing a very slow delivery date for funds? I set up a second Western Union bank to bank transfer and the delivery date is April 21? The first one after filing the declaration form was delivered in 4 days.

22 digits worked!

But then sent to a screen that said "Verify Bank Account" with nothing to click and a hot link to "Cancel Transfer". Stuck again :=(

I tried the chat and was told to to sign in again and there would be a verify tab but, of course there's not.

Back