Western Union money transfer

Does anyone know about a 15,000 and 120,000 peso limit on transfers ( see below)
View attachment 6862

Who sent you that? I have transferred myself over 120k pesos in a SINGLE transaction with no issues (last month). 15,000 pesos is less than 100 bucks, it seems like a ridiculously low limit.

dang I sent yesterday at 104. Good (bad?) jump today

If the money has not hit your bank account yet or has not been picked up by receiver you can call WU and cancel the transaction -- usually for free. I did that last week since I only got 94 ARS per USD, when the rate was already approaching 110 so I called to cancel. It was easy. Got original funds refunded back to my US bank account in 2 businesses days.

Does anyone know about a 15,000 and 120,000 peso limit on transfers ( see below)
View attachment 6862
I have sent an email to WU Customer Care to find out the official limits. Sadly, Argentina WU web page only shows the limit per transaction to send money (https://www.westernunion.com/ar/es/send-money.html) per person per month: $ 239.000 ARS. Comparing with Colombia WU web page, where both limits are shown, limit for sending money and limit for receiving money are quite similar: 9500 USD and 7500USD, respectively (or their equivalente amount in local currency COPs). Probably, in Argentina, they must be similar as well (I mean limit for receiving money should be around $239.000 ARS). By the way, @Macanudo mentioned something regarding this topic before: "If you do a bank to bank transfer there is no fee. I was told several times at my usual Western Union office that the maximum monthly in-store pickup amount was around 300,000 to 320,000 peso per calendar month." I'll let you know the information as soon as possible.

I have sent an email to WU Customer Care to find out the official limits. Sadly, Argentina WU web page only shows the limit per transaction to send money (https://www.westernunion.com/ar/es/send-money.html) per person per month: $ 239.000 ARS. Comparing with Colombia WU web page, where both limits are shown, limit for sending money and limit for receiving money are quite similar: 9500 USD and 7500USD, respectively (or their equivalente amount in local currency COPs). Probably, in Argentina, they must be similar as well (I mean limit for receiving money should be around $239.000 ARS). By the way, @Macanudo mentioned something regarding this topic before: "If you do a bank to bank transfer there is no fee. I was told several times at my usual Western Union office that the maximum monthly in-store pickup amount was around 300,000 to 320,000 peso per calendar month." I'll let you know the information as soon as possible.

I have received more than $ 320,000 ARS in a month (to my AR bank account) so that limit is not current.

Update - my WU arrived in my Itaú account today (Wednesday) and was sent yesterday morning (Tuesday)
Am pleasantly surprised it worked so quickly after all of the issues.

Update - my WU arrived in my Itaú account today (Wednesday) and was sent yesterday morning (Tuesday)
Am pleasantly surprised it worked so quickly after all of the issues.
what does it show in yr account as? and does yr Argentina bank deduct anything?

did u use yr bank account in USA or a debit card?

It shows as a local transfer in pesos from Western Union. No fees were taken - it’s the exact same amount as shown by WU when I sent it.
I did the transfer from my Spanish account via debit card. I also used the discount code ZEROFEE20 and WU waived the €2.95 fee that they would otherwise apply.

I have transferred myself from my US account to Itaú Argentina many times. No fees charged by local bank as the money posts as a local domestic payment by WU Argentina. Have used both debit card — costs 10 bucks but arrives in 1-2biz days — and ACH direct pull which is free but takes a week to post to AR account.

23/04/2020 17:26 - A new little improvement: 1.00 USD = 109.8500 Argentine Peso (ARS)

It shows as a local transfer in pesos from Western Union. No fees were taken - it’s the exact same amount as shown by WU when I sent it.
I did the transfer from my Spanish account via debit card. I also used the discount code ZEROFEE20 and WU waived the €2.95 fee that they would otherwise apply.
In your Argentine Bank activity, it shows as a deposit made by Western Union or it has your name on it? I mean, your bank in Argentina knows that you sent the money from the US to yourself or do they have no way to know that info and it just says WU deposited xxxx dollars? I mean, if the AFIP knows you are transferring money from the US without filling their form and all the paperwork they want, you can be in big troubles.

Back