Western Union money transfer

A note of interest in Santiago Chile, the dollar exchange rate against the Argi peso is $165 Argi pesos = 1 US$ (at Cambio agencies)
I hear that in Montevideo is $180.
Can't be right ? to buy a US$ you need 165 Argi pesos!

The Rate is 113.94 at the moment and it will be going down shortly as the CCL & MEP is falling . WU post new rates around 4pm.

Now that Revolut is available in the US, isn't it better than using WU to get a Revolut credit card and withdraw money from ATM's in Argentina, considering they don't charge any transfer fee (for what I know)?

A note of interest in Santiago Chile, the dollar exchange rate against the Argi peso is $165 Argi pesos = 1 US$ (at Cambio agencies)
I hear that in Montevideo is $180.
Can't be right ? to buy a US$ you need 165 Argi pesos!

It's not very surprising. The owners of the Cambio agencies have zero interest in having Argentine pesos in their drawers, for months, until borders open.

Plus, no one buys Argentine pesos abroad, not even prior to traveling to Argentina.

The only reason the owners would take Argentine pesos, would be to go themselves to Argentina at some point, to buy dollars on the Black market.

Thought this might help someone. If you have a technical problem with WU and you call the WU US number, they'll throw you a promo code for 50% off the transfer fees. I don't yet have a bank account so I receive cash each time. I can't tell you if you can use it more than once, but I have a feeling it's possible. A technical problem encompasses a wide range of things apparently, because I said "Hi, can I have a code" and they said "No, we reserve those for when people have problems. But you can use your points!" and I replied, immediately after they said this, "Every time I try to pick up WU they don't have a system and I have to go to five places". "Ok here's a code". Basically, the agents have to follow a script but they really have no personal investment in what you are doing or why. Tick the boxes and you're golden.

Does anyone know if it’s possible to collect pesos at any western union at this moment? We heard from several people that they are open since last week. Today went to 2 pago facil - western union locations here in Palermo Hollywood, but one was closed and the other one said it wasn’t possible there.

So i just emailed and called WU argentina customer service, and they confirmed the monthly limit to receive money here is ARS $336,000 by bank to bank transfer, and it's not calendar days, but the 30 days start since the last transfer.
Has anyone received more than this amount in a 30 day period?
Thanks in advance.

So i just emailed and called WU argentina customer service, and they confirmed the monthly limit to receive money here is ARS $336,000 by bank to bank transfer, and it's not calendar days, but the 30 days start since the last transfer.
Has anyone received more than this amount in a 30 day period?
Thanks in advance.

Yes I have. Slightly more than that figure.

Back