Western Union money transfer

Impuesto PAIS is applied when you are BUYING dollars. If you send dollars and get pesos here, you are definitely not buying dollars.
What is the rate you're transferring? WU is quoting $66.47. and Xoom is at $99. I'm a bit lost, if I pick up or transfer to my arg bank it makes no difference. That is the rate I will receive? Can I receive in dollars or transfer from us account to arg account directly without converting?

Question from an upcoming traveler. Can most of the Western Union offices in B.A., especially EZE airpor,t be trusted to have adequate pesos
on hand for an incoming transfer. I'm talking about $1000 US. Thanks and you can't beat the W.U. exchange rate. I hope I won't have to worry about counterfeit notes.

i thought all the exchange places in EZE were closed...so i think the answer to that is no.

and this is nonsense too.

i thought all the exchange places in EZE were closed...so i think the answer to that is no.

First you must search in the net which WU branches may be open and their schedule. Then,after your arrival you may call them and find out whether they have the funds. If not,you probably should make and appointment to collect the funds.
But be careful since teller employees are known to have ties to crooks. I would go directly first and if they do not have the funds,come back in a day or two.
I did not use WU, but collected similar amounts of money from MORE, but the downtown offices were all closed. I found three open branches in Liniers, about 8 miles from the downtown. MORE is connected with PAYPAL.

Back