Western Union money transfer

If the WU rate is linked to the CCL rate, I think the BA Western Union trade is now dead.

If the WU rate is linked to the CCL rate, I think the BA Western Union trade is now dead.
Because of the restrictions the BCRA imposed? It doesn’t ban ccl it only makes it more difficult for some people to use it — reducing volume and thus increasing volatility. I am not even sure WU uses that channel — I think it’s just a reference value.

The WU rate must not be directly linked to the CCL. Cuz the latter was down about 2% on May 4, while the WU rate rose close to 5%. That's almost a 7% divergence.

The WU rate must not be directly linked to the CCL. Cuz the latter was down about 2% on May 4, while the WU rate rose close to 5%. That's almost a 7% divergence.

Yes it is linked but not "directly" of course. But they are taking a moving average over a few days and based on a certain time of the day. WU is NOT per se using the CCL market to sell or buy dollars. The price is just a reference, nothing else. Since there's quite a volatility these days the rate fluctuates. It's like taking money from an ATM using a VISA. The VISA system will not give you the spot rate but calculates the rate with a lag and a spread.

Yup, not dead at all. I have a transfer on the way. This time in EUR and sent on Monday (yesterday). Exchange rate EUR/ARS 120.176.

Good news I presume for all members of the Western Union Wheel of Fortune. This morning passed the WU location on Las Heras esquina Ayacucho. Open with smlling faces at the windows. I did not check the WU with deep pockets location on Uriburu but i'm assuming if one location is open, so are the others. Let the pesos pour!

I just downloaded the WU app and if I send 25.000 pesos within Argentina to be picked up in dollars, the net amount (which includes a $500 peso promo) would be $327,20 USD which equals a rate of $77,93 ARS to ONE USD!

PS: The WU Argentine app won't let me send USD from my US bank account to my Argentine bank account and the WU USA app is "not compatible" with any of my devices.

Would a VPN solve that problem?
I have been able to send money from my US Schwab account to an Argentine bank account through the WU app. Much cheaper than sending for a cash pickup.

The WU app has been working great for me when sending via debit from my US Schwab account to an Argentine bank account. Much more cheap and less stress than trying to pickup the cash at Pago Facil.

Trouble in paradise :=(

I was able to send money twice from my Schwab Debit Card to my Argentina bank account successfully. Each time they sent me a form to fill out that they said I only have to fill out once or I would be stopped after 2 transfers. I've filled it out 4 times now. And the bad news is Banco de la Nacion has rejected my last 2 transfers. I called WU and they said I have to deal with BNA.

It seems that the bank isn't getting the form I'm filling out. or another problem?

Any suggestions? I sure do like not having to go to the bank to deposit money.

Thanks, T/

Back