Western Union money transfer

Local cueva rate is $125 per US dollar - up six pesos today. The day before the quarantine started it was $77 pesos.

Question for Gracielle....when 'things' get back to normal do you think the WU peso will resume its premium over the blue peso?

Trouble in paradise :=(

I was able to send money twice from my Schwab Debit Card to my Argentina bank account successfully. Each time they sent me a form to fill out that they said I only have to fill out once or I would be stopped after 2 transfers. I've filled it out 4 times now. And the bad news is Banco de la Nacion has rejected my last 2 transfers. I called WU and they said I have to deal with BNA.

It seems that the bank isn't getting the form I'm filling out. or another problem?

Any suggestions? I sure do like not having to go to the bank to deposit money.

Thanks, T/

Heya, I've had the same issue. Trying to send a transfer under family support. My family member has filled the form 3-4 times, but my 3rd and 4th transfer have both been refunded. Not sure how to proceed.
Today I've opened an Itaú online bank account to maybe send the money to myself through WU and then make a regular bank transfer to my family member. However not sure if I'm going to be able to send more than 2 transfers to my own bank account as the form might appear again and then not work -asit already happened?
Or maybe send the money to them but not to their bank account but to a WU office?
I would like to keep sending the money to their bank account though...

Local cueva rate is $125 per US dollar - up six pesos today. The day before the quarantine started it was $77 pesos.

Oh, I didn’t realize that there are cuevas that are open! May I ask around which area(s) you know of? I don’t have any contact information for the cuevas in my barrio of Núñez, so I never bothered to venture out.
Thanks in advance!

Question for Gracielle....when 'things' get back to normal do you think the WU peso will resume its premium over the blue peso?
Sorry, I don't have a clue. For years I have hedged my bets by keeping a stash of US$100 fresh dollar bills to exchange at cuevas as a back up to a Schwab debit card. WU cash transfers at the exchange rates being offered since Oct has been an unprecedented surprise.

I have dollars/euros in cash but the few pesos "profit" over the WU rate (which should go up to 123-24 today BTW) is not worth the trouble to deal with the cueva/arbolito. Plus it's good to keep your cash in case something happens with the WU route. Cash is for rainy days only.

That begs another question. Before October did you also use WU for your transfers?

Before October 2019 one could just go to an ATM and get a comparable rate. Not sure it made much of a difference unless one was paying too much in fees. Again there was no major rate difference and virtually a single price for the dollar across the various markets.

Back