Western Union money transfer

I have dollars/euros in cash but the few pesos "profit" over the WU rate (which should go up to 123-24 today BTW) is not worth the trouble to deal with the cueva/arbolito. Plus it's good to keep your cash in case something happens with the WU route. Cash is for rainy days only.
Yep, same here. My dollars are going to be gathering dust for awhile.

Blue at 133, contado con liqui at 125 according to dolarhoy.com
Peso peronista on its way....

Oh, I didn’t realize that there are cuevas that are open! May I ask around which area(s) you know of? I don’t have any contact information for the cuevas in my barrio of Núñez, so I never bothered to venture out.
Thanks in advance!
The cueva nearest to Nuñez I know of is in Palermo, in Maure between Soldado de la Independencia and Arce, across the street from COTO. A small lottery agency - just walk in. Best of luck....!

Oct 1 WU was 55.78 3 weeks later it went to 77
Thank you very much, old gringo. Your original post giving us all the heads up is a priceless contribution to this forum. And thank you to all the posters who followed up with their insightful commentaries re: their trials and tribulations which led to successful transfers.

So, as today, you can continue doing the transfer from your American bank account, through Western Union to your Argentine bank account with no problem, or do they ask you to fill up a form here and the money never gets transferred?

So, as today, you can continue doing the transfer from your American bank account, through Western Union to your Argentine bank account with no problem, or do they ask you to fill up a form here and the money never gets transferred?

That's what happened to me, 2 successful transfers, then form, then unsuccessful transfers from then on...
Anyone else having this issue?

Do Western Unions ( where you go to receive money sent via W.U) - have enough cash to disperse these day?

That is 150,000 pesos or more..

How long are the queues?

Back