Western Union money transfer

I've tried to do the same thing and signed up with Xoom. Was moving along creating the first transfer and towards the end needed to verify it was me by providing the user/pass of my bank.. hell no !! I'm still looking for WU replacement.
I signed up with Xoom in 2009 and transferred funds for a couple of years without any issues. I used my US debit card for cash pickup in CABA. Initially a customer service rep called me here (on my landline) to verify that it was "me" activating the first transfer. She asked only one question: provide my previous 4 residential addresses in the US. I have not used their service since 2011.

Does anyone know where the next nearest WU is to the one in Palermo Soho on Armenia?
The lines are long there sometimes and have not had enough cash for even a 20,000 pickup once. I'm just looking for another option in case they can't serve me on my day at the end of this week.

When I search on WU for cash pickup locations, it gives a ton of WU spots that are not actually for cash pickup- they are for sending money etc. I try those and so far they have all directed me to the one on Armenia. But there must be another spot.
Thanks

I've tried to do the same thing and signed up with Xoom. Was moving along creating the first transfer and towards the end needed to verify it was me by providing the user/pass of my bank.. hell no !! I'm still looking for WU replacement.

That's interesting. My Xoom account is linked with my Paypal so I've never been asked for that info. I would also be reluctant to provide it.

Does anyone know where the next nearest WU is to the one in Palermo Soho on Armenia?
The lines are long there sometimes and have not had enough cash for even a 20,000 pickup once. I'm just looking for another option in case they can't serve me on my day at the end of this week.

When I search on WU for cash pickup locations, it gives a ton of WU spots that are not actually for cash pickup- they are for sending money etc. I try those and so far they have all directed me to the one on Armenia. But there must be another spot.
Thanks
Although not near the one on Armenia, I would try the main office of WU....Av. Cordoba 885. The lines may be just as long but that office probably has more funds for cash pick up.

Thanks Gracielle, it's good to know, (but quite a hike.) Still would love to know if there are any near Palermo, if someone knows!

There is one next to the arcos shopping by sommier center (santa fe / bulrich) It is in a parking garage. Not dodgy at all. Last time I tried about a month ago there was a sign saying their WU system was down "so please, don't insist".

Also the post office in Plaza Italia can do it, but looks like there are huge lines lately and they only pay small amounts.

If you have Mercado Pago the girls at Armenia can pay you to your MP account if they do not have enough cash.

Thanks
there is one inside Disco on the corner of Armenia & Paraguay, and one that always has the most cash is on Scalabrini Ortiz between Gorriti & Cabrera, right next to the police station.

thanks @antipodean -- that one by the sommier center always denied me as well-- several attempts in the last month, since I'm often over there to go next door to the great whole foods type store, Zoja.

Ugh. WU problems again.

Let's recap:
  • Made my first two transfers to my AR bank account with no issue
  • Third tranfer to AR bank account bounced back
  • Filled in the form and emailed WU as per the recent instructions
  • Did fourth transfer to AR bank account last week and it arrived the next day, success!
Now today I go to make another transfer to my AR bank account and I get a strange "General Compliance Error" message. I changed to pick up cash instead and received the same error message. I called WU to see if there was an issue with my account but the person on the phone insisted it was to do with limits and could not check my WU account (amount in question was well below the EUR3000 limit)
Tried again using a different browser and recieved a technical error, please try back later message instead.
Now I am dizzy and need to sit down.

Anyone else discovering new issues or had this issue before?

Ugh. WU problems again.

Let's recap:
  • Made my first two transfers to my AR bank account with no issue
  • Third tranfer to AR bank account bounced back
  • Filled in the form and emailed WU as per the recent instructions
  • Did fourth transfer to AR bank account last week and it arrived the next day, success!
Now today I go to make another transfer to my AR bank account and I get a strange "General Compliance Error" message. I changed to pick up cash instead and received the same error message. I called WU to see if there was an issue with my account but the person on the phone insisted it was to do with limits and could not check my WU account (amount in question was well below the EUR3000 limit)
Tried again using a different browser and recieved a technical error, please try back later message instead.
Now I am dizzy and need to sit down.

Anyone else discovering new issues or had this issue before?
I had trouble sending to myself with cash pickups. This I can tell you. The compliance departments of Western Union and all others are run by people. If you are flagged once...I think you are flagged forever. And it is a person looking at your case...probably some dope, who does not want to risk his job. So you get the thumbs down. I think with WU is almost impossible to get a resolution.

Back